Look n Stop lite

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by Steve001, Aug 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steve001

Steve001 Registered Member

Hi all,

I just downloaded and installed the lite version of Look n Stop firewall. I needed a light weight firewall for a older laptop running Win98SE.

After the install, I went to grc.com to test it out. The report showed that ports 133, 1024-1030, 1031-1055, 1720, and 5000 where not in stealth mode.

133 was a easy fix. Just unchecked the TCP : Authorize Identification option. I was able to get stealth mode out of the other ports by setting rules for them. I now have full stealth mode according to grc.com.

The only problem I now have is after booting, I have to disable the firewall before I can access the net. Once I have made a connection, I can enable the firewall and everything is fine until I shutdown or reboot.

So I'm assuming the rules I made are no good. I'm going to paste what I have done below. Perhaps someone here can help me figure out what I've done wrong.

Thanks... Steve

----------------

Ethernet type = IP

Direction = Internet >> PC & PC >> Internet

Protocole = TCP

Source (PC >> Net) / Destination (Net >> PC)

Ethernet address = All

IP address = Eaual my @

TCP/UDP port = In range A-B 1024 - 1030

I reapeated the same for the other ports I mentioned above. Thanks again for any help. Really like this firewall. After I get done playing around with it, will probably buy version 2.

2. Thomas M

Thomas M Registered Member

Steve001,

As a start you can try the attached ruleset, which I use on 2 computers with the light version.

Rename the attached file *.txt to *.rls and copy it into the LnS directory. Then load this file in Internet filtering and restart your internet connection.

Thomas :)

Attached Files:

3. Steve001

Steve001 Registered Member

Thanks Thomas.. I'll give it a try :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.