Look 'n Stop errors

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Tired, Nov 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tired

Tired Registered Member

I am having errors when I boot win2k -- and also at times when I am using my ACT! 6.0 program.
    SB: I posted in NOD32 forum about possible ACT! conflicts with that program. I want to to uninstall McAfee 7.0 and use NOD32 (could LnS be conflicting w/ McAf also?
    Anyway, the LnS error just states that the program is not responding....I open task manager and choose to end task then get another message that says

LnS
    This program cannot be closed. If it is being debugged, please resume it or close the debugger first.

I end up having to reboot each time this happens?

Any clues? :doubt:

2. CrazyM

CrazyM Firewall Expert

Tired

Are you able to get everything up and running? If so, try setting LnS not to load at start up and try starting it manually and see if that helps. I have not used that particular combination, so I am unaware if there is a conflict between LnS and McAfee. LnS will run fine with NAV and Nod32, but I have never used ACT!

3. Tired

Tired Registered Member

Yes, I can get it up and running but only after I reboot.
    I just uninstalled McAf and loaded trial on NOD 32. No probs so far.
    But I have to laugh at myself, I also loaded RunReg and it keeps popping up and of course, I have no idea how to use it really :oops: :).

I will upgrade to paid version in a few days after using ACT w/o McAf and seeing if I get LnS errror. I have a feeling-problem solved.

Can I just install LnS paid download over trial?
    Cheer!

4. CrazyM

CrazyM Firewall Expert

Glad to hear everything is working now.

With LnS it should only be a matter of entering your registration information once it is obtained.

5. MickeyTheMan

MickeyTheMan Security Expert

If you are using version 2.04 beta2, you simply need to go to register screen and enter code and serial number where appropriate.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.