look-n-stop displaying port # of an application

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by New, Jan 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. New

New Guest

Is there a way look-n-stop can do this? If I use application based filtering and I forget to add a port to my rule set, it there a way to get LNS to show me the app is trying to connect on port x? I've been using Kerio 2.1.5 for a long time now, and I really like that it will show me a pop-up displaying the name of the application, the ip address it's trying to connect to and the port it's trying to connect to.

2. bloodscourge

bloodscourge Registered Member

Nope, it will only ask for outbound authorization... As Frederic said, the logical underneath is : if you trust an application, then you trust its oubound requests (but you can restrict outbound port/address in expert mode). inbound requests, priority in security, must be explicitly authorized thru rules.

Anybody agreed?

3. New

New Guest

Interesting.. okay, so what about limiting outbound dll requests? I can't seem to locate an option to do this.

4. bloodscourge

Quite the same : you trust or don't trust DLL thru DLL filtering. (settings/options => advanced settings => DLLs)
    But I'm no expert... I hope I'm not misleading you ;)

5. puff-m-d

puff-m-d Registered Member

Hi New,

Below is an attachment to show you the steps to enable the DLL detection:
    1) Click "Options"
    2) Click "Advanced options"
    3) Click "DLLs"
    4) Check the "Enable the DLL detection" box

HTH...

Attached Files:

6. bloodscourge

Thanks puff-m-d, 'cause with my french version... :rolleyes: nuff said :D

7. New

New Guest

Thanks for the instructions. I actually found this out on my own. My question is: can one limit a dll to the same set of rules an application uses? For example, can I restrict a dll from using all but say, ports 80 and 443 like I can with an application?

Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.