Look 'n' Stop 2.05p2 released.

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by Frederic, Oct 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frederic

Frederic LnS Developer

Look 'n' Stop 2.05p2 released

Hi All,

We are pleased to announce the 2.05p2 update of Look 'n' Stop.

The main improvement is about compatibility with Windows XP-SP2.
    Firstly, Look 'n' Stop is now detected by the Windows Security Center, and secondly some features no longer working under XP-SP2 are working again.

Some other improvements and fixes have also been introduced, the crash issue when detecting some DLLs, the problem of signatures with particular executables (like opera), the problem of small UDP packets not correctly displayed, some fixes regarding fragmented packets display and also some other corrections I let you discover in the help file.

You can download Look 'n' Stop 2.05p2 from here:
    - English Release: http://www.looknstop.com/En/LooknStop_Setup_205p2.exe
    - French Release: http://www.looknstop.com/Fr/Installation_LooknStop_205p2.exe

Regards,

Frederic

2. Phant0m

Phant0m Registered Member

Excellent!

I test ran Look ā€˜nā€™ Stop v2.05p2, and many fixes indeed, people will surely be happy to see this here release. :D

3. Thomas M

Thomas M Registered Member

Frederic,

This is great news :cool: :D

Should we install this version on top of existing LnS 2.05 (or LnS 2.05p2 Betas)?
    Or is it safer first to deinstall the previous version?

Thomas :)

4. tosbsas

tosbsas Registered Member

Don't know if you should, but you can install on top. In my case win2k sp4 I had to run the regpatch afterwards to get app filtering running again, but the rest went fine

Ruben

5. Thomas M

Tosbas,
    Thanks for your reply :D

Ok, I installed it on top of my Win2k-SP4 with LnSSvc running, and I must say: No problems, no need for the regpatch :D

Good job, Frederic :-*

6. redman

redman Registered Member

Having had problems with the patch that was realeased (BSOD's, etc), I am pleased to report that installing 2.05p2 has solved all my problems (well, at least my Look 'n' Stop problems)!

7. nameless

nameless Registered Member

8. Frederic

Frederic LnS Developer

Hi,

Yes, we are trying to detect more leaktests.
    But these ones are very complicated (to be detected as a standard FW alert) and thus it requires time.

We will propose an experimental patch driver as soon as we will have something interesting.

Regards,

Frederic

9. Pigitus

Pigitus Registered Member

I assume that 2.05p2 will work with WinSP1. Correct?

Actually, I am stuck between SP1 and Sp2 because SP2 never correctly installed. The SP2 install got stuck after a long time and stated it would uninstall itself. At the end it said I should reboot and warned that SP2 was partially installed, so the computer could be unstable.

Even then is it OK to go with 2.05p2?

10. Armoured

Armoured Registered Member

Hi Frederic :)
    I have "Look 'n' Stop 2.05p2" and my PC crash when I disable the internet filtering. :'(
    There is a solution for this bug of the driver? o_O

P.S.
    I have WindowsXP with sp2

11. DanL

DanL Registered Member

Armoured,

The best way to get help is to start a new thread regarding your issue.
    That way it will get noticed faster.

Dan

12. the_shadow

the_shadow Guest

Here's the deal, I installed that damn look 'n' stop software and my XP machine went mad. Not to mention there was no way of working it as a competent firewall. However one man's program is another man's pain and I know this well. I am posting because the program does not uninstall. After trying to remove it it still remains in your network drivers and registry. Do yourself a favor and get a firewall that you can keep up with. That doesn't lodge itself into you connection for a few months till you trace it down and realise hey! thats why i havent been able to download a program and surf web pages at the same time! its a piece of crap.

13. Thomas M

the_shadow,

1.) Lns is a very fine product!
    2.) You probably had another firewall installed before or even together with LnS
    3.) You should read this thread:
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=55013
    If you send a message to "PhantOm", he will be happy to send you the uninstall tool....

14. Phant0m

15. dirtcheap

dirtcheap Registered Member

I got big problem with this version. after clean install winxp home and with lattest update . during install there are two warning popup (let then a second) and come back normal. after finish install restart it than my pc gone crazy system sound play ding ding ding all time unstill I quick running look n stop program. so any of you here had the same problem I do? if then how can you fix this problem
    thank you

16. pestilence

pestilence Guest

I installed it...and uninstalled it immediately...after launching my web browser it gave me a blue screen...freezing to death :( back to sygate again...

17. Frederic

Frederic LnS Developer

Hi,

Sorry you got this kind of problem.
    Probably a minidump file has been created (in c:\windows\minidumps by default). Could you send it to us anyway (at looknstop@soft4ever.com) ?

Thanks,

Frederic

18. ---

Suggestion. :)
    Please rename the 'Track Source' button on the logging page on LnS to 'Analyse', and make it work even if there is no entry in the log. Those ping and whois tools are so good that it would be cool to have fast access to them regardless of the content (or lack of it) in the log.

Also, a way to force a stop to the ping results returning if you've given up on waiting for a bad one and want to use the report window for another test..

19. Stephanos G.

Stephanos G. Registered Member

I have downloaded LnS by the official website. I use win SP2. As i mentioned this is a new update that i cant find it in the official website. Is it safe to update my LnS?

20. Phant0m

21. Stephanos G.

22. Phant0m

The only differences here between the two downloads are the filenaming for the installation file (the both downloads are for Look 'n' Stop v2.05p2).

23. Stephanos G.

ok, many thanks for the help

24. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

Does this new Look n Stop need the other driver also and if so which one exactly as there appears to be two or three differnet ones dated from last year to sometime this year in the stickies? As for others have said that some features in here are incapable of working if you use the beta driver, is that true?. What are this reg patches people are talking about and do they have to be installed in this version too? Also where can I find the enhanced rulesets and also the phantom rulesets? <-- which one is better of the two, I use a lot of P2P programs.

dja2k

25. Frederic

Frederic LnS Developer

Hi,

No this official 2.05p2 doesn't need the new drivers.

As for the new beta drivers there is only two normaly:
    - for lnsfw: http://looknstop.soft4ever.com/Beta/lnsfw/lnsfw.sys
    - for lnsfw1: http://looknstop.soft4ever.com/Beta/lnsfw1/LNSFW1-d2.zip

Reg Patches are only to solve specific issues, you don't need them by default. One solves problem with file sharing if Norton Antivirus is installed. The other one solves a problem about Application Filtering which get disabled sometimes.

Frederic

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.