Long time for password & username to arrive

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Daniel_SE, Mar 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daniel_SE

Daniel_SE Guest

Hi all,

this wednesday, march 23, I convinced a friend to buy NOD32. He bought it from the US and the order confirmation came in a timely fashion. He still hasn't recieved his username and password.

Is this delay because of easter or do you have any other ideas? I told him to email sales@nod32.com.

A delay as long as this is, in my opinion, unacceptable and it doesn't do me any good either since my friend thinks NOD32 is no good and I'm the one that got him into this "mess". I am willing to accept any explanations as to why this has occured, just send the password and username to my friend.

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

The thing is that a lot of people use antispam filters which require confirmation before an email is delivered to user's mailbox. If that's the case, then apparently your friend could not get his user/pass. Another possibility is that an antispam filter considered the email a spam and blocked it.

3. Daniel_SE

Daniel_SE Guest

Thanks for your reply Marcos,

if his ISP have antispam filters in place, how do we go about this? Is it possible to have his user/pass faxed / sent by sms or something else? Is it possible for him to provide Eset with another email address which shouldn't have any antispam filters in place? Is it possible for you to verify that the email containing his user/pass was actually sent out?

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

5. Daniel_SE

Daniel_SE Guest

Did you mean http://www.eset.com/support/support.htm? Couldn't find a form on the other page. He's on dial-up and I'm on ADSL so I entered his email address info the form and hopefully things will work out. I'll post back when I have more info. Thanks.

6. alglove

alglove Registered Member

If you are in the US, you may also try calling them via telephone and tell them you have not received it. This happened to me, but when I told them, they sent it right out. Keep in mind they are in San Diego, so adjust your calling time accordingly.

http://www.eset.com/about/contact.htm
    619-437-7037

7. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

When we first began selling NOD32, we used to send the customer an email thanking them for their order and payment, then make the required registration and wait for Eset to send the customer their username and password - we have had a number of customers complain that they never got the email with the username and password - now, we send the first two emails (thanks for the order, your payment has been processed) and then process their order with Eset. We THEN get a copy of their username and password, which we then send to the client as ANOTHER copy of their username and password.

Since we adopted this process, we have not had a single problem with clients not getting their username and password.

I think as some have already mentioned, it's being trapped by ISPs spam filtering systems - but we have only had a handful, so we haven't enough info to trace it completely - all the ISPs were different.

Our new procedures ensure the clients get the username and password they have paid for, and everyone is happy.

Total time to process an order and send out a username/password is less than 15 minutes.

hth

Greg

8. Daniel_SE

Daniel_SE Guest

Update

Matter resolved. The original email from Eset with my friends user data, ie user and pass, didn't get through to him, so he emailed Eset and asked them to send his user and pass to me since I have received emails with user data from Eset before. Once the ball was in motion everything worked out fine.

Why didn't my friend receive the email? I don't know but as previously stated in this thread an aggressive spam filter might be the culprit.

9. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Good to see, and thank you for keeping us posted.

Cheers :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.