Long Restore

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by wizbos, Jun 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wizbos

wizbos Registered Member

I have been using Acronis since version 6 and have restored XP and 2000 many times successfully and quickly. I built a new computer and converted to SATA drives and now when I used the full restore it took 9 hours for 35 gig. I have a VT8237 motherboard with SATA raid 0. I am using acronis 9 home version now.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello wizbos,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

First of all, please make sure you use the latest build (3633) of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home. To get access to updates you should first register your software. We recommend you to create a new Acronis True Image Bootable Rescue Media, because each new build brings such improvements as better hardware support etc.

If that does not help then please download the latest version of Acronis drivers, install it with disabled logging and see if the problem still persists.

If the problem still persists then enable logging by running the Acronis drivers installation package once again, reproduce the problem and collect the c:\snapapi.log file.

Please also clarify if you use Acronis True Image Bootable Rescue Media or did you use Acronis True Image in Windows in order to restore the backup archive? Where is the backup archive stored? Provide the exact vendor and model of the RAID controller you use. Please create Acronis Report as it is described in Acronis Help Post. Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the issue appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

3. wizbos

wizbos Registered Member

Ok I installed the drivers and my version is the most recent. How can I check the length of a restore without doing one? I don't want to be caught in another 9 hour restore if I don't have to!

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello wizbos,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

I'm afraid that if you want to check the image restoration real time, you should restore the image.

If you want us to change the behaviour of Acronis True Image in any way or add some new features to this product, please feel free to post any of your suggestions in Acronis True Image WISH-LIST thread.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.