Long Restore Time

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by shel, Aug 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shel

shel Registered Member

On an external hard drive, I created an image of my 115 GB C drive.
    Only 13GB of the drive were in use. Image creation took only 8 minutes.

When I restored the image it took 1 hour 44 minutes. Why did it take
    so long to restore? (The image was correctly restored.)

I am using True Image v8.

2. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello shel,

I'm assuming you created the image from within Windows and restored it after booting from the Linux based Acronis bootable rescue CD. In which case I would say that the rescue CD didn't have a suitable Linux USB 2 HiSpeed device driver for your motherboard/external HD USB sub-system.

What build of TI 8.0 are you using? If it's not Build 937 then you need to login to your Acronis account and download and install the update. Create a new bootable rescue CD via this latest build and then see what the restore time is.

Regards

3. shel

shel Registered Member

Many thanks, Menorcaman.

No, I did not use the rescue CD. I used TI Build 768 to both create and restore the image. Perhaps Build 937 would have restored faster.

shel

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello shel,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

First of all, please do as Menorcaman suggested and download the latest build (937) of Acronis True Image 8.0. To get access to updates you should first register your software.

If that does not help then please download the latest version of Acronis drivers, install it with disabled logging and see if the issue still persists.

If the issue still persists then enable logging by running the Acronis drivers installation package once again, reproduce the problem and collect the c:\snapapi.log file. Please create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post. Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Also I would recommend that you download and install the free trial version of Acronis True Image 9.0 to see how the software works on your computer. Please also be aware that Acronis True Image 8.0 and Acronis True Image 9.0 Home cannot be installed on the same machine at the same time. Therefore, please un-install version 8.0 prior to the installation of version 9.0.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

5. Alwill

Alwill Registered Member

Excuse the intrusion but how does one disable TI logging?

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Alwill,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

Please note that after you download Acronis drivers and launch the installation file (SnapAPI_l_s_e.exe) on the second screen you will have the option to "Disable logging" or to "Enable logging" (please check the attached screen shot).

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.