LOL why I hate Eset.

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Longboard, Nov 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Longboard

Longboard Registered Member

Damn, waiting fir the "new" tools to be set-up and ready.

Sub to NAV/NIS running out....I know I know, but I get a good deal...as part of layers, works ok. Easy enough out of box.
    Having ditched SSweeper and stupid system works: my box visibly faster now.

Cant be bothered investigating other options: want NOD and FW

So had to do traditional Symantec uninstall routine: 4 HOURS and 20 reboots later: final reboot :ouch:
    LOL: S**T.

All good now.
    Totally blame Eset for not being ready :D
    Will be sending account for lost time>

BTW: when and wherefore "suite"?

quacking in Qld
    Longboard

Last edited: Nov 3, 2006
  2. pc-support

pc-support Registered Member

Eh?? What's he saying?

3. covaro

covaro Registered Member

Ok, good, I'm not the only one. I thought I hadn't had enough coffee or something yet.

-Cov

4. Tommy

Tommy Registered Member

Aeh, what the hell is he talking about? Is he drunk or taking drugs? Computer human virus?

5. GSteer

GSteer Registered Member

Well I can safely say I satisfy the coffee quota and I *think* he's annoyed at Symantec and NOD "isn't ready"... but ready for what? World Domination maybe ... :cautious:

6. anotherjack

anotherjack Registered Member

I'm thinking it's a rant against NAV, and a semi-lighthearted jab at Eset for not having the 3.0 suite ready for him instead.

7. GSteer

GSteer Registered Member

Suite 3.0 ? *mutter* Only just started using and installing 2.0 - time for more coffee methinks ;)

8. n8chavez

n8chavez Registered Member

I think he saying that NOD32 version 3 is not out. And, if that is the case, I cannot say that I completely disagree with him. I too am angered by ESET's lack of information regarding version 3. What happened to cebit 2006? Guess that went out the window. It's like ESET is slapping their customers in the face while yelling "na na!!!!!!" This is a huge idssue seeing as how version 3 will be completely different that 2.5, or 2.7. They are asking for way too much faith. Every other company issues information about beta product, at the very least; we have it with KAV 6, Dr Web 5, VBA32 beta, etc. But ESET doesn't view is fanbase as worthy, I guess.

Nate

9. Woody777

Woody777 Registered Member

There is a huge difference between showing a new but unfinished product at a Trade Convention & releasing even a beta. With the release of Vista,I suspect that Eset will begin to condsider release of their new security suite. As for myself I will remain patient

10. mvdu

mvdu Registered Member

I'd also like to see more hints. After all, I'm making a decision for next year now.

11. TerryFox

TerryFox Registered Member

Why are you angered by Eset ? Have you got infected with a trojan/virus ? Do you think Eset isn't doing enough ? Because I been using Eset nod32 for a few years and never once have I gotten a trojan/virus , I don't care which version they have available just as long as its working , Isn't this the real cause here that really matters ?

12. Hermescomputers

Hermescomputers Registered Member

I think he's suffering from acute "Upgrade Itis" probably should seek therapy!!!

13. n8chavez

That's not it at all. And by way, that was a weak attempt an sarcasm. I just think that ESET should let us no what is going on and what we can expect from them in the future. This is not a foreign concept, as I mentioned before many other AV companies keep their customers aware of what is going on in terms of development. I think it is unfair of ESET to expect us to purchase, or in many cases renew, software that we have no information about. Blind faith is never a good thing, regardless of the company asking for it.

14. Rob E

Rob E Registered Member

If you want to "know" something and thus, increase your "know"ledge, you might be more thoughtful & open-minded. Eset is under no obligation to provide any info regarding future product release, and/or the current state of its developement.

(I agree) Yes it's true, many other AV companies do, and you're free to use and buy their products. Post on their forums what you like and don't like.

Do you even consider what you're "saying" before you post it? Show me where (on the web or anyplace else) that Eset has made known their expectations for their customers. Of course they most certainly want paying customers, and renewal customers (what company doesn't?) Duh! ... but it's also certain that when they have something new, they'll make information known about it, in very public ways, and as is usually the case offer a trial, so the customer can make-up his or her own mind about the software's effectiveness and utility.

Regarding BLIND FAITH; Are you kidding? Where is it required here? And where is Eset asking for (anyone's) blind faith? Eset has built a fine reputation in their particular niche. There's empirical data supporting the superiority of NOD32's performance. Your expectations for the product should be based on that. Have a little patience, and ... if you can't wait (you can) go play with another company's AV sw.

15. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

ESET is currently running a public beta test program for the next version of its NOD32 software, version 2.7. A beta that was announced on the Wilders Security Forums first, I might add. To say that ESET does not keep its customers informed or ask them for feedback is a misnomer at the very least.

There's nothing new to announce about NOD32 v3.0. It is under development and will continue to be so for quite some time.

The next version of NOD32 is going to be v2.7. If you wish to focus your energies on forthcoming technologies and products from ESET, that is what you should be examining.

The moment that ESET has some information to share about post-2.7 releases, you will be able to read about it here on the Wilders Security Forum first.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

16. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Ladies and Gentlemen, let's keep the personal jibes out of this discussion please, or this thread will be drawn to a close.

Blackspear.

17. n8chavez

Rob E, there is no reason for you to act like that and I suggest you keep your attitude in check before you fly off and say something that could be considered hurtful. That being said, you made a couple incorrect assumptions and, since they were directed at me, I'm going to respond. Don't assume that I don't know ESET's policies. I have been around a lot longer than you, which doesn't necessarily mean anything, but give me the benefit of the doubt. I'm simply saying that we've had promises of version 3 before, wherever the source, that never came to fruition (cebit 2006). That can be, and in this case, was frustrating. I don't understand the backlash here, especially from someone that assumes I'm completely ignorant, which by the way just shows your arrogance. I never said we needed to know everything about version 3, because of course that would jeopardize ESET's big surprise. But a feature set would be nice, which I'm sure we can all agree on. You mentioned my calling for blind faith on ESET's part, which I did. However then you mentioned their fine reputation. This is exactly what I'm saying cannot be solely accepted, especially in cases of renewal. Are we to assume that version 3 is going to be better that 2.7 just because we're told it is?

I'm sorry if I seem angered but that'd because I am. We are all allowed to have differing opinions. But what we are not allowed to do is treat someone like an idiot for having a different opinion that yours. At the very least when reading forum replies subtract emotion from them and look at the logic behind it. That way you will nt let your opinion influence your post. Give people the benefit of the doubt that they know what they're talking about. Emotional arguments are the easy to shred and even easier to over look. If you want to be taken seriously don't lash out at an individual but be logical in your rebutal.

18. Rob E

Rob E Registered Member

Yes, you've a right to be angry with me. I'm sorry (Really!). I shouldn't have targeted you. You have my apologies. I was entirely wrong in attacking you.

Such a "politically correct" world we live in today. This wouldn't have amounted to anything more than a "friendly" arguement, "on the street" or "in a pub", but in these forums on the net, well...

BTW, I DO admire your enthusiasm (for Eset/Nod32), it's only turned a bit negative (at least it seems so) because I guess - you care so much :)

Once again - I really didn't mean to make this personal, or hurt your feelings, nor did I ever make any assumptions about you, and though I did take a few "jabs" at you (big mistake - should've worded it differently), I think my replies were pretty objective. No real harm done and it won't happen again. Promise.

Best,
    Rob

Last edited: Nov 4, 2006
  19. n8chavez

Don't worry about it. Wilders is a place that, from time to time, has been know to get a little heated. Some people might say that I'm usually the cause of it, and they might be right. I certainly have picked my battle here. I like ESET is just flat out wrong here. But they do have a very good product in 2.7 (and 2.5), it's just not for me. I've used every AV there is and I seem to always go back to one.

Just remeber that there is a reason why someone is posting, and that's it's not usually to increase post count. They honestly believe what they are saying. It has nothing to do with political correctness. There is always someone that knows more than you and has better informed opinions. But reserve the right to make errors in judgement. With that in mind you'll be fine.

I'll continue to promote it, even though I won't use it anymore. Living on a university campus, their student discount is just such a great selling point.

P.S. Harness your passion.

20. chrome_sturmen

chrome_sturmen Registered Member

dude you should just be glad theres an nod32 at all to protect your system- otherwise you'd be stuck usin shite like norton for the rest of your days....

21. n8chavez

Well first, I like NOD32. I dislike ESET. Second, NOD32 is not the only great AV there is. There's Dr Web, Kaspersky, Avira, Bit Defender, VBA32, etc. Learn to expand beyond your comfort zone.

Nate

22. chrome_sturmen

chrome_sturmen Registered Member

i dont have a comfort zone, i use first defense isr with its partition imaged to an external drive, and have 3 other fully operational acronis images, respectfully- so personally i couldnt care less if i got ten viruses....

23. Longboard

Longboard Registered Member

LOL again
    One guy got it.
    Touchy touchy!
    More fire danger here than the far west of NSW : one spark and WHOOSH ;)
    Yes, no problems.

Not the rest of my days: just till the ESET AV & FW is ready. :)

Best wishes to you all.
    :thumb:

24. Rob E

Rob E Registered Member

:) Yes, thank you for the sage advice. I'll keep it in mind. :) You know (well I guess you really don't), thirty years ago I was dispensing similar "wisdom". Just goes to show... we're never too old to learn. :)

"[/HUMILITY MODE]" :)

Regards,

25. steve1955

steve1955 Registered Member

Are you saying or do you feel the current version isn't up to the job?It is still one of the best you can buy and performs more than adequately!
    Think you do have a case of wanting to upgrade just because you can(well you could if product was out!)
    If you dislike eset(sems to be more"hate eset")so much why buy their products:-like you say there are other great AV's out there,given a choice I wouldn't deal with a company I disliked

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.