Logon Script on Win98 machines

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by terraja, Jan 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. terraja

terraja Registered Member

Jan 13, 2006
    Hi guys...

Im test the 2.5 version of NOD32, and i have a question about the installation.

I saw that one of the option to install a package on a Win98 machine is Logon Script function or via e-mail...there are other way?

So...the q is very simple: How can to configure the "Logon Script" function from the Remote Administrator Console?

I have 100 Win98 machines and i want to install the packages remotly...but i don´t use the Email option.
    Please, can you help me about that?

Thx a lot.

PD: I did to search this issue in the manual and in the FAQs but i did not found nothing about that.
  2. alglove

alglove Registered Member

Jan 17, 2005
    Houston, Texas, USA
    I have not used the Logon Script option myself, but I believe it is supposed to work with the Windows 98 logon to a Windows domain server. Do your Windows 98 users already logon to a Windows domain when they turn on their computers? If so, there is an option (on the server side) to create a "user logon script" that gets executed automatically when the users logon. On the server, go to Administrative Tools --> User Manager for Domains --> <username> --> Profile. You can click the "Help" button here for more info.

Anyway, the NOD32 remote installation utility adds a script that works in conjunction with this "user logon script", so it runs automatically when the Windows 98 users login to the domain. I hope this at least helps get you started.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.