logging on and off and slowwwwwww

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by lodore, May 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lodore

lodore Registered Member

hello,
    if say i logged off my my dads account and on to mine then i logged off mine went to do something else.
    came back moved the mouse to stop the screensaver then logged in.
    now the pc is really slowwwwwwwwwwww.
    i mean e.g. minimize the program to the bar takes like 10 seconds rather that instant.
    it takes like 30 seconds to make it show full again.
    or e.g. leave the pc at login screen the screen saver comes on.
    i come back later move mouse to stop screen saver and login.
    the slow problem comes back.
    i did read something on the vista article at winsupersite.
    Paul said something like e.g. when you come back from lunch to log back in it will be slow for a while since the services in the background are still doing stuff. he said its fixed in vista.
    is there anyway of stopping this from happerning?
    i dont want to have to reset the pc because i leave it and when i come back its slow.
    ps most of the time i can leave the pc on all day with no problems but other times it does what i discripe above alot.
    thanks in advance
    lodore

Last edited: May 3, 2007
  2. ashishtx

ashishtx Registered Member

I am not sure but there may be some program running in background while it's logged off.

3. Genady Prishnikov

Genady Prishnikov Registered Member

Could it be the svshost thing?

Fix for 'Svchost' is headed our way
    By Susan Bradley

'Svchost' repair is coming soon.

For those who have been suffering from near-crippling speed issues, in which your computer comes to a near standstill when booting up or scanning for updates, help is on the way. Bobbie Harder announced the good news on the WSUS blog. An issue with the svchost.exe process, which runs Windows Update and Microsoft Update and can consume 100% of your computer's CPU processing power, will be resolved over the next few months.

The problem affects Windows Server 2003 and Windows XP Pro (when XP is used with Office XP. To cope with the situation in the short term, first read Knowledge Base article 927891. This documents links to hotfixes for Server 2003 and XP and discusses a related problem with KB 927891.

For system admins, a new Windows Update Agent (WUA) will need to be installed on each workstation. The instructions for obtaining the new client are available on an MSDN page. I'll be discussing this in more detail in my next column, to be published on May 10.

4. lodore

lodore Registered Member

it could be the svhost thing.
    i do have office xp installed.
    I will read microsoft base article.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.