Logging connections in & out (firewall) causes lots of HDD activity

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by tommy456, Sep 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tommy456

tommy456 Registered Member

Hi, the second issue that have noticed is with logging of connections particularly one app Team speak 3 client, once it connects to a server the hdd starts pulsing and will not stop until i close teamspeak again, but if logging is not selected it works without the pulsing of the hdd,

My question is why does setting rules for apps in the firewall to log incoming and outgoing connections cause so much Hdd activity, not to mention a nominal increase in CPU activity too, surely this can't be how they intended it to work?

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Re: Loging connections in & out (firewall) causes lots of HDD activity

If there are lot of connections the log can grow to even several hundreds MB or a few GB in size if the logging remains enabled for a longer time. Enabling logging of all connections is not recommend unless debugging a specific issue.

3. tommy456

tommy456 Registered Member

Re: Loging connections in & out (firewall) causes lots of HDD activity

Since my last it's not only ts3 that causes a lot of activity, I have de selected the logging on all the apps that i had enabled it on, all back to normal,
    whilst i can appreciate that logs can/do grow in size ,the actual writing of them shouldn't cause the issues i have experienced, if that is deemed normal operation ,
    Then maybe as a suggestion the devs could put some info about it within the help section of the program, or on the eset web site in the kb

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.