loggin out

Discussion in 'Forum Related Discussions' started by BengalBob, May 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BengalBob

BengalBob Registered Member

This question is dumb compared to the serious questions you'll find on this forum but my curiousity is up. Ususally I just browse the boards, but if I have a particular question, I'll log in as I did earlier today. Well, I forgot to log out after posting. When I came back, hours later, I noticed that I was still logged in. Is there a time limit on a logged in session? When logging out I notice that it 'clears' the cookie. Is that a cookie stored on my computer? tia, Richard

2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

It is a cookie on your computer set by the forum. If you have the box checked at the login it will always keep you logged in and if you don't it will just keep you logged in for ninty minutes.

bigc

3. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Yes, but how did you notice? You said you didn't logout and so I assume the cookie that stores your login information was still on your system. The moment you hit this site, whether an hour or 6 weeks later, if the cookie is still there it sends you login information automatically for you. (It's like the refrigerator door and the light inside - when you come here to look if you are logged in, as you arrive you are logged in again automatically unless you deleted the cookie first.)

4. BengalBob

BengalBob Registered Member

thanks to both bigc and lwm.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.