Log File

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by terrywc, Jun 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. terrywc

terrywc Registered Member

Does Acronis provide a log file? If so, where is it located under a typical installation? The reason I ask is that I did an incremental backup and left it running and when I returned, an apparent power failure had occurred. It looks like the incremental backup was completed, but I am not sure. The computer had rebooted itself.

Also, on my external backup drive, where my Acronis images are stored, there is a subfolder under Recylcer with the name S-1-5-21 etc. in which there is the file Dh1.tib which is about 1 1/2 gb. It is not located in my regular recycle bin. What is this file and can it be erased....or is it related in someway to the incremental backups located on this drive?

Thanks in advance.

W. Clinton Terry

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello terrywc,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

You can see log.file (Acronis True Image -> Tools -> Show Log).

Please use the "Explore Image" wizard and see the content of your image, then please contact us.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

3. terrywc

terrywc Registered Member

Thanks for your response. The log file indicated that the image was created successful, hence it completed its work prior to the electrical outage. The explore image created the needed folders and all looked well.

Can you address the other issue I raised in my previous post, namely the folder in the Recycler with the name S-1-5-21 etc. in which there is the file Dh1.tib which is about 1 1/2 gb. What is this .tib file and can I safely erase it? Thanks.

Clinton

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Clinton,

The files in Recycler are not used by any applications. They appear in emergency cases to let you recover files which were not saved, or which were being created. Please verify the image you created using the "Check Image" tool and if you get the message that the image is ok you may sefely remove the Dh1.tib.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.