Log file questions

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by mcanyes, Aug 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mcanyes

mcanyes Registered Member

Some times the log file just does not register events. For example, today I backed up two partitions, I got the messages "Creating partition image" for both partitions, but I never got the message "Image creation has succeeded." TI did the backup OK and the file was good. Is this normal for TI or is there anything I can do to make the log more reliable.

Also, It seems like I can only delete one log entry at a time. It is a bit slow when trying to clean up old entries. Is it possible to select more that one log entry at a time to delete entries?

Thanks,
    Michael

2. mark7

mark7 Registered Member

Well, I do not keep log files at all. I clean 'em all out with each boot up. I've got a small batch file in my Startup group that has entries for what I'd like to purge with each boot. For TI (and PE) here is what is in there:

del /s/q "C:\Documents and Settings\<userlogonname>\Application Data\Acronis\PrivacyExpert8\Logs\*.*"

del /s/q "C:\Documents and Settings\<userlogonname>\Application Data\Acronis\TrueImage\Logs\*.*

3. bbentler

bbentler Guest

I have seen the same issue, which is a problem. I am planning on doing nightly incremental backups and would like to be able to parse the log file and automatically determine if there was a problem.

It would also be nice if there was a way to send a SNMP trap if a back did fail.

Anyone ideas?

4. TheWeaz

TheWeaz Registered Member

Well, this may or may not be useful.
    I noticed that when a scheduled task is set to run under User A and you manually run the task as User B, when User B looks in the log, there will be no entries.
    Also, the logs seem to be incomplete when the TrueImageService.exe fails to end after the completion of a B/U.

OK, sorry, that may not be right - I think if a task runs under USER A (as scheduled), USER B cannot see the log entries.

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello mcanyes,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please make sure that you use the latest build (937) of Acronis True Image 8.0 which is available at: http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/support/updates/

To get access to updates you should create an account at:
    http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/my/
    then log in and use your serial number to register your software.

If the problem still persists after installing the update then please tell me whether there is the same problem when you start task manually or does it happen only when scheduled task starts automatically?

As for your question on how to delete more then one log entry, I'm afraid that you can not select several entries at one time. However, you can delete all log entries at one time by pressing Delete All button (double red cross) which is near the Delete button (single red cross). These buttons are placed in the upper left corner of the log viewer window.

If you want us to change the behavior of Acronis True Image 8.0 Log Viewer in any way then please feel free to post your suggestion in Acronis True Image WISH-LIST thread.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

6. Rhubarb

Rhubarb Registered Member

Hello

I have long noticed that ATI does not always confirm it has finished. I am on 937.

I have just run an ad hoc incremental. The final message is "Creating Partition Image". It is of some concern that it does not always confirm it has finished. However, whenever I have run Check Image, the image has been ok.

Looking back at the remaining old logs, it looks as if the scheduled jobs do have the correct messaging - but I cannot say if this has always been so.

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Rhubarb,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

We recommend that you download the free trial version of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home, install it and see if the problem still persists.

Please uninstall Acronis True Image 8.0 by following Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> Add or Remove Programs -> Acronis True Image prior to installing the free trial version of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home.

If the problem is gone, please visit Acronis online store to purchase the upgrade.

You can find the detailed instructions on how to use Acronis True Image 9.0 Home in the respective User's Guide.

We also recommend that you take a look at Acronis True Image 9.0 Home FAQ page, Acronis Public Knowledge Base and this article providing the illustrated instructions on Acronis True Image 9.0 Home installation and usage.

Please let us know if the problem persists with the free trial version of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home. We'll certainly provide you with the further instructions in this case.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

8. Rhubarb

Rhubarb Registered Member

Mr

Dear Acronis

I think your selling a "new version" and suddenly dumping all your customers who bought the previous version is a very poor attitude indeed.

No, I am not going to pay more money to upgrade to the next version which offers nothing more that I can use.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.