Locked tib file

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by triplem, Jun 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. triplem

triplem Registered Member

I run Acronis True Image 9 on 3 XP (SP2) boxes and one 2003 server. Each night an image is scheduled and taken of each of these XP boxes and server and stored on a SCSI drive, dedicated to holding the images (new image overwrites the old image tib file). The SCSI drive is mounted on one of these XP boxes. The SCSI drive is then backed up to tape using NT backup (via backup Assist) to a SCSI tape located on the sames box as the SCSI drive .
    The problem I have is that periodically the image file, created from the server, locks and the next scheduled image for the server doesn't run. I need to restart the XP box (the box that has the SCSI drive) to release the lock.
    The locking is a continual occurance but it is not regular. It doesn't seem to effect the image on the XP boxes, only the server. The sever image is about 30g while the xp images are about 10g.
    I cannot determine whether the locking is from Acronis or from NT Backup.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello triplem,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Could you please clarify what exact version of Acronis True Image you use on Windows 2003 Server? What build number do you have on all computers? You can find this information in the Main menu->Help->About.

Please clarify what "locks" means? Have you recieved any error messages? Please provide us with the information on the problem in more detail.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.