localhost - problems with the actual License Server Management Console

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by StephanWeber, Aug 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StephanWeber

StephanWeber Registered Member

Hello,

I have several problems with the actual License Server Management Console Build 15 (from latest Acronis True Image Echo Workstation with License Server Build 8115) on a vista business notebook.

1.) I know: I cannot install ATI ECHO WS without having a valid license on a e.g. local license server. o.k.! So I first installed the local license manager and registered my license number. Done this I was able to install ATI ECHO WS. Too bad, when starting the program it told me that it didn't find a valid license!? Didn't I just type...? Well, I found that I have to go back to the license manager, unregister the license I needed for installation of ATI ECHO WS and then re-register exactly the same license again before I can use ATI ECHO WS.

2.) local login impossible with License Server Management Console Build 15:
    When I want to "manage licenses on local computer" a small window with title 'connect' appears and wants me to type in username and password. well, I tried hard but there's no way to type anything in the fields username and password. Nothing happens until I press 'cancel'. I then get an error message: system couldn't log on. I now may log on to a remote computer. If I chose the name of the local machine and provide username and password for remote login I'm able to go on and register my license and then work with ATI ECHO WS. BUT:

3.) As soon as I switch my active network connection from LAN to WLAN - what usually happens with a notebook - TrueImage stops working: no valid license found. When I un-register the local license and re-register it again everything is fine until I switch the active network connection back from WLAN to LAN. I guess this has something todo with the fact that the license server does not work correctly with the localhost (127.0.0.1) but instead with a 'real' remote access to the local machine via the network interface cards. As the LAN and the WLAN interface have different MAC-adresses and the license server bound the license to a specific MAC-adress it cannot be used with both LAN or WLAN interface of the same pc. of course I may re-register the licenses if needed but that isn't real fun..

More, I will have problems (no valid license found) with scheduled jobs: they will only run if I accidently have activated the same network connection which I used when registering the license.
    Using a seperate dedicated license server in the network isn't a valid option either: beeing on the way with a notebook always means this specific license server in the office network will not be reachable, of course.

What do I have to do to get AcronisTrueImage ECHO WS running independent from my active network connection? How do I force to bind the license to 'localhost' instead of a remote server (remember 2.: local login fails)?

Btw. I can ping 'localhost' (127.0.0.1) in a cmd-window without problems.

regards, Stephan

2. StephanWeber

o.k. manage local licenses. click cancel at the somehow 'frozen' login where one cannot type username and password. o_O

after the error message 'cannot login' a remote login window appears. instead of choosing one of the visible computers by name I have to type 'localhost' as computer and provide local admin user / pwd with 'options'.

now ATI seems to work independently from my active network connection. :thumb:

3. StephanWeber

too bad, the problem re-occured:

3.) As soon as I switch my active network connection from LAN to WLAN - what usually happens with a notebook - TrueImage stops working: no valid license found. When I un-register the local license and re-register it again everything is fine until I switch the active network connection back from WLAN to LAN.

As the LAN and the WLAN interface have different MAC-adresses and the license server bound the license to a specific MAC-adress it cannot be used with both LAN or WLAN interface of the same pc. of course I may re-register the licenses if needed but that isn't real fun..

More, I will have problems (no valid license found) with scheduled jobs: they will only run if I accidently have activated the same network connection which I used when registering the license.
    Using a seperate dedicated license server in the network isn't a valid option either: beeing on the way with a notebook always means this specific license server in the office network will not be reachable, of course.

What do I have to do to get AcronisTrueImage ECHO WS running independent from my active network connection?

Any suggestions?
    regards, Stephan

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.