Local News

Discussion in 'ten-forward' started by nadirah, Dec 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nadirah

nadirah Registered Member

From spywareinfoforum.com:

Morgan Gallo and Tim O'Bryant are a young couple living in a suburb outside of Savannah, Georgia. They are engaged to be married. Last Saturday, someone broke into their garage and stole hundreds, possibly thousands, of dollars worth of property. Along with the Christmas gifts and other items taken, the thief stole a flak jacket and an armored kevlar helmet.

Tim is a soldier with the U.S. Army, Third Infantry Division, which is based nearby at Fort Stewart. His unit is going to be deployed to Iraq very soon. And now he doesn't have the body armor that he certainly is going to need when he is in Iraq. The Army probably won't issue replacements and the police probably won't be able to find the armor before he ships out.

That just ticks me off. They should charge that thief with treason when they catch him. Or better yet, draft him and send him to Iraq without body armor.

2. Jimbob1989

Jimbob1989 Registered Member

The world is a sad place... Personally, I'd send him with no clothes, never mind body armour. Then see what the iraqi's do to him ;)

3. BeetleBoss

BeetleBoss She who posts lots of <I>Smileys</I>

I totally agree!!!!
    That's terrible!!!!

I would hope that something is done! Surely they won't let him go over there without everything needed!

4. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

In the 1st and 2nd World Wars unless you were in a Tank, you had no body armour.....in the 'Non-Wars' that followed throughout the World....Kenya, Malaya, Cyprus, Suez, Korea etc., me, and thousands like me, who were Conscripts, with no option but to be sent to ALL the 'Hotspots' of the World or go to Prison, whether we liked it or not, had no 'Body-Armour whatsoever, unless you count our string vests... :D.....We had this Maxim...'Never volunteer for anything' if you do, then don't whine about it.........These guys volunteered...Sooooo...stop whining.......

Cochise, :cool:

5. NetTraveler

NetTraveler Registered Member

Lemme understand that right... The US army is going to send their soldier to Iraq without the body armor? I can hardly belive that.. :eek: :oops:

6. Jimbob1989

Jimbob1989 Registered Member

As I said ,personally, I'd send him with no clothes, never mind body armour. Then see what the iraqi's do to him ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.