Local FBI warning In Pennsylvania!

Discussion in 'ten-forward' started by Marianna, Nov 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marianna

Marianna Spyware Fighter

The FBI has issued a warning
    in Lancaster County.

referring to our TOS, visitors/members could be offended by a reference to a religion and jokes. Same goes for certain animals referring to countries and their inhabitants and terrorism. For that reason text and image have been deleted - Forum Admin

This photo provided the first clue
    that triggered the investigation removed - Forum Admin

2. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

I live near Lancaster and I love it, thank you for sharing!

3. FanJ

FanJ Guest

A strictly personal posting:
    I don't like any posting that might hurt someone's religion-feeling in any way.

4. yodafan

yodafan Guest

hmm..... very odd, this pic kinda looks fake. why is there no shadow on the camel, yet there is a shadow on the carrage? It kind of looks like someone cut a camel out and placed it in the pic. But ne ways, i'm all for getting rid of terriost.

5. I also live near Lancaster....have many friends who live there......an have many Amiss friends there also.........they are "plain" ....peaceful people...

snowman

6. snowy

snowy Guest

NOTICE: The posting of an e mail address was by accident.....its totally useless.........anyone such as spamers desiring to try it......hehe...go for it!

snowman

7. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

You know what's wrong with this country (USA), we've forgotten how to laugh at ourselves. Political correctness is the most vile and insidious form of censorship. Everyone, take care.

8. Scotcov

Scotcov Guest

Although there is truth to what you say, Acadia, I just don't see what's funny about terrorism. Why do we even have to make jokes about these things. There are plenty of other things to laugh about. If we find something we believe is wrong about another religion, group, etc., pray about it, don't poke fun at it.
    Scotcov

9. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

To some level I agree, Acadia.
    Political correctness, when not heartfelt, is dangerous.
    But otherwise it's an elongation of politeness, something that unfortunately seems to become rare.

Kindest regards,

Pieter

corrected typo

10. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

To Scotcov, I wasn't laughing at terrorism, I was laughing at having my corner of the world made the brunt of a joke. Everyone in my office thought it was funny. too. (We're laughing at ourselves).

To Pieter, I guess I must agree with the politeness thing, so now I will shut up (By the way, it's Acadia, not ARcadia). Everyone, have a happy life.

11. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

Excuse my typo. I will correct that immediately and may you enjoy life as well,

Pieter

12. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

Others have elaborated on this comment. I must add the wrong assumption is made in regard of editting the first post in this thread. It's our TOS that counts here. In this context it is of no importance in which country one resides - USA or elsewhere. The post has been editted by a non-US citizen - me.

regards.

paul

13. snowy

snowy Guest

IN-GENERAL COMMENT

Political correctness......censorship....Lack of humor.....far removed from related to my post.

Most of my family is Mennonite......a few are Old Mennonite still using horse and buggy as the one previously pictured.....living in the Lancaster area.....several Amiss families are personal friends.
    In the early morning hours when I first viewed this post.....my first re-action was that of cold chills as beads of sweat began dripping from my forehead..........WAS MY FAMILY IN DANGER. My sisters all have young children.......was I going to be picking up for their body parts......the Cell phone seem to jump in my hand like magic.......shuttle the family to the mountains away from the danger..my first thought........
    Having personally walked through mine fields.....having sat within yards of bombs exploding in the cities of Saigon....Balfast.....having actually witnessed children disappearing from the face of this earth in Cambodia as they walked on mines..............I find no humor in such a subject................I find no humor in the horrible feeling of thinking anyone in my family is in danger

Censorship.......that word has been injustly used in this thread........personally I compliment this forum for having the intelligence to extend compassion.......

Those who find humor in terror obviously has never experienced it.......

SNOWMAN

P.S. I bear no ill-will towards anyone at this forum nor any poster..........however..to anyone who has or would injustly say that this form has shown censorship of any nature........I personally find such a statement ill-informed and lacking

14. *Ari*

*Ari* Registered Member

Cannot say anything else but I agree with forum admin Paul. In any other "topic free" forum I might say something :p
    Keep up a very good forum Paul !
    best wishes - Ari

(friend of the States, friend of any nation, religious group and individual which deserves my friendship)

Attached Files:

15. snowy

snowy Guest

FINAL COMMENT

RE: FREEDOM OF SPEECH

The very fact that each poster has expressed their thougths in this thread........communicated their personal feelings......is in and of itself proof in fact that there is no censorship.

Snowman

16. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

My final two sixpence:

I'm convinced Marianna did post with the best intentions, and by no means wanted to insult anyone.

It's the job from our team over here to look at threads from a general view - and that's what has happened.

regards.

paul

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.