Loading bug in SeaMonkey/Firefox?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Daveski17, Mar 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daveski17

Daveski17 Registered Member

I have had a bit of a problem with *SeaMonkey (& Firefox) for a while now on certain pages, notably my 'My Yahoo!' & Gmail pages:

What happens is that the page opens normally but the throbber continues as if it hasn't loaded & there is usually the systems tray ribbon indicator present. I can't 'stop' or 'reload' the page however much I try to stop this throbber activity. It is like it is waiting for adverts or banners to load, although it isn't. This activity is happening on Firefox as well. Other people have told me that they are experiencing this & I have seen it on more than one computer. It seems to predominate on interactive pages. The normal Yahoo!, Yahoo!7, Yahoo! Canada & Yahoo! UK & Ireland pages are fine. It doesn't happen in K-Meleon which also uses Gecko. I really can't figure this out. Someone with a far greater knowledge of computers than me has suggested it may be to do with the Ajax/Java script. I believe Ajax is used in interactive sites & that seems to be the trigger here. Gmail has this problem often as well both in Fx & SM 2.0. I have noticed that opening & closing the Gmail smiley's toolbar seems to trigger & sometimes halt this odd loading phenomenon. This is probably more like some throbber bug than anything else, I guess.

Has anyone else noticed this behaviour?

*No other browser I have used exhibits this particular behaviour.

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

I have also noticed similar on Yahoo pages, in most cases. Not frequently but often enough to remember it happening. As suggested already and I agree that it is most probably to do with scripting.

3. Daveski17

OK, thanks for the input. No one seems to believe me on the Mozillazine forums & most people tell me it must be my computer. This can't be true though because:

A/ I have seen this activity in my My Yahoo! & Gmail pages on other computers with Firefox.

&

B/ It doesn't happen in any other browser I have downloaded.

4. Daveski17

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.