loader fatal oeror: boot drive (partition)

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by douglaswaddell, Nov 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. douglaswaddell

douglaswaddell Registered Member

I am a new user, and made my first clone of drive C onto by drive g (drive G is a brand new drive and is to be used sololy as a back-up drive for the operating system, and data back-up.) The clone was successful but when I restart I get the message:Acronis loader fatal error: "Boot drive (partition) not found Press enter to try to boot you OS." When I do this, it does boot, but using drive G. I wanted to continue to use drive C exclusively for day to day operation, and use drive G as a backup only. I drived the XP system restore but it did'nt help.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello douglaswaddell,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/products/trueimage/).

We are really sorry for the inconveniences.

Please contact support@acronis.com and provide us with the report.txt file:

- Download Acronis Report utility from http://www.acronis.com/files/support/AcronisReport.exe;
    - Run Acronis Report utility and select the "Create bootable floppy" option;
    - Insert a blank floppy disk in the floppy drive and proceed with creating the bootable diskette;
    - Boot the computer under consideration from this diskette and wait for report creation process to complete;
    - Send us the report.txt file from the floppy disk.

This would provide us with detailed information on the hard disk partition structure.

Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.