LnS says not connected althought connected to the net

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by sacredsoul, Jun 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sacredsoul

sacredsoul Registered Member

Hey guys,

I got a problem here. I am connected to the internet but LnS says I am not connected. My IP is 0.0.0.0 in LnS. All my statistics show 0 too. But LnS seems to be working. It asks me to authorize applications fine. Whats the problem here?

2. Climenole

Climenole Look 'n' Stop Expert

Hi sacredsoul :)

Check the selection of the network interface in option tab.

Normally, the automatic selection works well. For some configuration you have to choose it manually...

Hope this help. Lest us know.

:)

3. sacredsoul

Thanks for the reply. That was quick. I forgot to mention earlier, the network interfaces is completely empty. It worked fine before. I had Avira before and decided to try LnS. Was pleased with LnS and decided to get rid of Avira. Once Avira was uninstalled, the problem began. It has no tick in the Connected box. Thanks again!

4. Frederic

Frederic LnS Developer

Hi,

You should uninstall/reinstall Look 'n' Stop.
    Probably when you uninstalled Avira the network bindings have been updated but Look 'n' Stop was not informed.

To uninstall/reinstall, follow the following procedure:
    - uninstall from the Start menu or Contro Panel
    - reboot
    - apply the manual procedure to check/uninstall remaining drivers:
    http://www.looknstop.com/En/faq_problems.htm#driver_remove
    - reboot if someting changed
    - reinstall Look 'n' Stop

Regards,

Frederic

5. sacredsoul

Thanks for the tip. I am about to reinstall it. Can you tell me how to add a rule for Utorrent using the port 58077. Previously, it was a fluke and i added the rule successfully but i have forgotten how to do it. Can you tell me how to add a rule by a step-by-step guide. Thanks alot!

6. Frederic

Frederic LnS Developer

The easiest way to add a rule is to right click on a log entry.
    If your are using port 58077, then it will appear in the log, and with this way it is very simple to create a new rule.

Frederic

7. sacredsoul

sorry for sounding like a complete noob but the log is moving too fast for me click anything. How do I pause the list. Yea, I know I am a noob. Too used to ZA :( Old habits nvr change. Thanks again for your replies, really appreciate it :D

8. sacredsoul

Nvm guys. Got it working already. Minor hiccups with Utorrent and Warcraft but got it fixed. Thanks for all your help. When I was using Avira, my laptop lagged alot since I was using Vista with only 1gb RAM. Since the move to LnS, my laptop feels new and no lags. Thanks alot for this amazing software and for your prompt replies.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.