LNS killing my connection

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by BrainWarp, Oct 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BrainWarp

BrainWarp Registered Member

I have just installed 2.07b1 running with windows 7.For some reason it keeps killing my net.I have to delete LNS to get my net back.Nothing i do in LNS seems to help.I disable a great deal of stuff.This is a registered copy of LNS

I really do not have the time and Patience to try and figure out what is going on.I am open to suggestions,but do understand i am not a computer guru.But i do have a fundamental understanding of things.

2. Frederic

Frederic LnS Developer

When you said "I have to delete LNS to get my net back", do you mean you have to uninstall it ? or do you mean you just have to stop Look 'n' Stop application ?

Thanks,

Frederic

3. BrainWarp

Hello frederic. I have to uninstall

4. Gamer

Gamer Registered Member

The same thing used to happen to me on occasion.

Here's what's happening (at least for me): When your IP changes, look n stop switches to an internal IP that's not configured for the firewall rules, so DNS, HTTP, etc. fails.

All you have to do to fix this is either disable automatic selection of your network interface and manually select your network interface or turn off automatic selection and turn it back on. Either way, LnS will start "listening" on your real IP and everything should be back to normal.

5. Frederic

Frederic LnS Developer

Hi,

Did you really make a connection test after just stopping Look 'n' Stop (without installing) ?

If you did, and you had no connection, there is driver conflict with another software (could be another software related to the network, or a security software).

Thanks,

Frederic.

6. Frederic

Frederic LnS Developer

If after Look 'n' Stop is stopped there is still no connection, and the only way to solve is to uninstall Look 'n' Stop, then the problem is different, and for me there is a major conflict with another software.

Frederic

7. BrainWarp

I have just gotten back home from business trip.Not really much time to play around with LNS,but i installed it again and BAM no connection to net.It would not see the adapter correctly.Just too busy of a weekend,but hopefully soon i will have to chance to invest some time into figuring out what is going on.I had to uninstall LNS to get my net back.

8. Frederic

Frederic LnS Developer

9. BrainWarp

Hi frederic

I have a different computer and using windows 7 .Only other security software right now is microsoft essentials .

10. Phant0m

Phant0m Registered Member

Hi BrainWarp,

Sorry to see you back in this way. :(

On the Look 'n' Stop - 'Options' TAB, visiting 'Console' area, and calling 'Driver Logs', can you copy and paste this information for us?

Thanks.

11. BrainWarp

Thanks for the help--windows 7 has been giving some issues.So what i,m going to do is format then reinstall windows 7 and see how everything goes from there.Will let you know the outcome.

Regards

12. BrainWarp

I just don't understand this.I installed LNS --rebooted and lost my internet. It created no log.No ip address.no check mark under connected. It did not find my adapter.I unchecked internet and application filtering-still nothing.When i uninstalled LNS the internet connected right after.Wierd huh?

This is installing windows 7 fresh.Only other program running is windows essentials

13. Phant0m

14. Phant0m

There wouldn't be any valid IP address shown on the Look 'n' Stop - 'Welcome' Tab/screen if there isn't any network adapter selected. No connected state and logging to Look 'n' Stop - 'Log' Tab/screen either. Since there isn't an Network adapter checked in 'Network interfaces' list under Look 'n' Stop - 'Options' Tab/screen, there wouldn't be any packet filtering, and completely unnecessary at this point to try disabling 'Internet filtering' layer.

Is your correct Network adapter listed in 'Network interfaces' list on the Look 'n' Stop - 'Options' Tab/screen?

15. Phant0m

One more question; are you running Windows 7 x86?

16. BrainWarp

I'm using the 32bit version. I believe it is having a problem finding my adapter. And because it is unable to locate the right adapter it shuts my net down

17. Phant0m

Last edited: Oct 28, 2009
  18. BrainWarp

It will be later in the week before I have time to use that tool,but will report my findings

19. Phant0m

Just encase you wondering... That tool is Frederic's Tool, which the download link is an official one. And that tool is small little utility that doesn't make any connections. ;)

20. BrainWarp

I finally had some time to do this.

Attached Files:

21. Phant0m

Thanks BrainWarp, so if I understand correctly... Your NVIDIA nForce isn't in the list of Look 'n' Stop - 'Network interfaces', and you loosing Internet until you uninstall Look 'n' Stop product. Therefore there's a problem installing correctly the Look 'n' Stop network emulation driver. And I bet if you check while having Look 'n' Stop installed, in device manager and under 'Network Adapters', there should be a clear indication of the driver problem.

Short from manually trying to re-attempt installing the Look 'n' Stop driver, you'd have to wait for Frederic.

Regards,
    Phant0m``

22. BrainWarp

I am very tired--and sorta ~ Snipped as per TOS ~ --that it kills my connect every time.I think its time for me to find another firewall!!!!!

Thanks for trying to help.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2009
  23. Phant0m

Hi BrainWarp,

I can understand your frustration, but Look 'n' Stop product is worth not giving up on.

If I was you, I would use priority communication method, email Frederic.

Tell him that you had just freshly installed (or upgraded to) Windows 7 x86 (32-bit), and that you downloaded the 32-bit Look 'n' Stop package.

Your Network Adapter is NVIDIA nForce, and that Look 'n' Stop doesn't install the driver for this device.

Also... Are you using Microsoft's NVIDIA nForce driver?

Regards,
    Phant0m``

24. BrainWarp

Howdy Phant0m

I am using Microsoft's NVIDIA nForce driver.You have been very helpful and i appreciate your time.I just do not have a lot of time to play with this program,but it is an awesome firewall and i will try to make it work .

25. Phant0m

Hi BrainWarp,

We usually don't have the time for many different sorts of product problems, but it's good to see you trying to hang through this a little longer. You oddly just aren't having any luck with the Look 'n' Stop product :mad: , where you at that's selling these systems that Look 'n' Stop product refuses to interface the Network adapters? :shifty: ... Your other computer had NVIDIA nForce Network adapter too, right? ;)

But, if you hadn't already by now, you should email him. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.