LNS can't work showed " unable to load the insfw driver (Error 0)

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by jasonhou, May 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jasonhou

jasonhou Registered Member

Hi,
    I download the LNS v2.07 64bits from LNS offical web and install it on trial run. But it can't work.
    Quick install followed its required action ,but during reboot it showed "unable to load the insfw driver (Error 0)."

Uninstall and install several times,still same failure.

I even searched most revelvant message from this fourm and action but all don't work.
    My OS Win7 utimate English 64 bits.
    no more additional firewall used.

Hope can get expert help to solve it! Thanks!

2. Phant0m

Phant0m Registered Member

Hi jasonhou,

If you haven’t yet, try uninstalling and re-booting, then doing the official manual driver traces cleanup -http://www.looknstop.com/En/faq_problems.htm#driver_remove and then re-try the Look 'n' Stop installation.

3. jasonhou

Hi Phantom,
    Thank you ! I have tried several times to do so as the lns instruction on how to remove the drivers such as reboot, search the registry for lns,... etc before raise the issue,but all can't work .
    Something must be wrong,but I can't find it out.

4. Phant0m

Download Look ‘n’ Stop Remains and Removal v1.02 - http://www.mntolympus.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=6586

Uninstall Look ‘n’ Stop using the official uninstaller and re-boot, follow the instructions for using Remains and Removal utility, and then try re-installing Look ‘n’ Stop.

5. jasonhou

Hi Phant0m,
    I can't download the uoper link,maybe Telecom block it,could u give me one more link?

6. Phant0m

Look ‘n’ Stop Remains and Removal v1.02

Under normal circumstances the Look 'n’ Stop Uninstaller does an superb job at cleaning up after itself, but for whatever reason the product installation or uninstallation was interrupted ..., and reinstall of Look ‘n’ Stop has failed and persistently failing. I’ve made an small and super fast Look ‘n’ Stop product remains scanner, anything remaining in the system registry that is part of the Look ‘n’ Stop product will have its registry locations saved to file with filename 'Looknstop_remains.txt’ in the same location that the small utility executable was downloaded in, or moved to.

This small and super fast remains scanner doesn’t remove any remains, this is left to the individual to-do so, but I made it very easy for the individual by using Windows Regedit file format. This means for you that the remains removal procedure couldn’t be any easier! After you have analyzed the Look 'n’ Stop product registry remains that’s listed in Looknstop_remains.txt file with Notepad, you can simply rename the filetype from .txt to .reg and open / merge the registry file to have it cleanup all the Look ‘n’ Stop product remains.

Rerunning the small and super fast remains scanner will re-create the file 'Looknstop_remains.txt’ and when viewed, should reveal ... nothing more for remains that’s associated with the Look ‘n’ Stop product.

This utility is intended to be used after having uninstalled Look ‘n’ Stop firewall product with it’s own un-installer system, and haven re-booted the computer.

If you are upgrading and the Look ‘n’ Stop upgrade process strangely fails, or installing / reinstalling Look ‘n’ Stop again, and the installation process fails. Try re-booting the computer and then re-running the latest version of the Look ‘n’ Stop firewall product installation (with administrator privileges), if fails again repeat steps in Safe Mode. If Look ‘n’ Stop still cannot be installed / upgraded, run it’s own un-installer system and re-boot, then try again installing Look ‘n’ Stop firewall. If it fails yet again, uninstall with use of the products own un-installer and re-boot the computer, then do my product remains and removal procedure before re-trying to install again the Look ‘n’ Stop Firewall product.

Download: xttp://www.mntolympus.org/download.php?get=LooknStop_Remains.exe
    Download Mirror: xttp://www.mediafire.com/file/onmtnqugd4u4a4u/LooknStop_Remains.exe

Look ‘n’ Stop: All versions
    Windows: All versions (32-bit and 64-bit)

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2011
  7. jasonhou

HI,
    I tried all but all dosen't work.Maybe I can't use LNS any longer .
    A bit disapointed.

8. Phant0m

To troubleshoot this more effectively.. mind compressing the file “C:\WINDOWS\Inf\setupapi.app.log” using maximum compression ratio and sending it to me or Frederic?

Using the utility, the .txt file that it created to be viewed over and then renaming of the file extension to .reg and merged, re-running the utility reveal stubborn traces still like the following?

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\C*\Enum\Root\LEGACY_LNSFW1,
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\C*\Enum\Root\S4E_LNSDRIVERMP

Last edited: May 15, 2011
  9. jasonhou

Then how can post it to you ? Your mail accout,pls or any other way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.