LNS block Referrer

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by mata7, Feb 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mata7

mata7 Registered Member

does lns block Referrer, if does can someone please tell me if i have to do a especial setup

2. dog

dog Guest

It does not ... that should really be a browser function. Although many of the larger firewalls include extras for doing so ... as well as ads and such.

If you're using Firefox ... this is a great extension. In Opera - Go to Prefs' -> Advanced -> Network and then uncheck the referrer option. Proxomitron, Privoxy etc. can also accomplish this.

HTH;

Steve

3. mata7

mata7 Registered Member

thanks for you quickly response, i use maxthon browser, do you know a extension to block referrer on maxthon?

4. dog

dog Guest

Sorry I don't - I've never used it. You may like to start a thread in Software and Services and hopefully Maxthon users will be able to help you out. Privoxy would likely be the easy way for your to achieve blocking the referrers for any browser you use - you'd just need to change the connection settings in your browsers to use 127.0.0.1 port 8118 once Privoxy is installed ... They have pretty good documentation, it's fairly easy to use ... the Hide/Block - Referrer directions are here.

Steve

5. mata7

mata7 Registered Member

thanks for you help

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.