LnS and PC Plank

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by Randy40, Oct 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Randy40

Randy40 Guest

Hello,

Is PCFlank just for OutPost users?,or Do they just want you to buy this firewall,I am happy with Look"n"Stop,but PC Flank say's I have port's 137,138,139,are opened! But the problem is I have no NetBios on my computer I removed it!,and every other on-line test LnS passes with flying colours.except PCF!!!! What is up with those people running that site?Telling me to get a new firewall like OP!I use Phantom's rule-set,but I also tried both of LnS rule set's and they are leaving my netbios ports opened,even if there not on my computer,its not the first time this has happened and the Webmaster never get's back,but I'll give him a few day's..... Anybody else have opened ports on PCflank when using LnS?,Thank you for your time

2. beetlejuice69

beetlejuice69 Registered Member

I just went in and tried the test and passed with ZA.

3. Randy40

Randy40 Guest

Re: LnS and PC Flank

That's nice to hear.... but where taking about LnS,not Za!!!Thank
    you and it happenes in the quick test only! It's 50/50,but I removed my NetBIOS! So how can it be opened if it not there?

4. beetlejuice69

beetlejuice69 Registered Member

I just posted to let you know that it`s not PCFlank wanting you to buy the firewall...it must be L`n`S.

5. Phant0m

Phant0m Registered Member

Phant0m``s Rule-set nor EnhancedRulesSet default state, leaving your NetBIOS ports open to be scanned. PCFlank among other online web scanners do attend to have a bad hair day, which is why you should get second and even third opinions (run alternative web scans).

6. MickeyTheMan

MickeyTheMan Security Expert

Pc Flank kown to be unreliable as Phantom's pointed out.
    In any event just passed the test with enhanced ruleset

7. storm119

storm119 Registered Member

Agreed with Phant0m.

Just did the Advanced Port Scanner... all port (14's) are stealthed. Those included Ports 137,138,139.

As alternative web scans as suggested by Phant0m. You could try this ShiledsUp

8. fred22

fred22 Registered Member

i passed the advanced test aswell using 2.05/phantom's ruleset

Code:
     	21  	   	stealthed  	     	FTP  	     	File Transfer Protocol is used to transfer files between computers
      	23 	  	stealthed 	    	TELNET 	    	Telnet is used to remotely create a shell (dos prompt)
      	80 	  	stealthed 	    	HTTP 	    	HTTP web services publish web pages
      	135 	  	stealthed 	    	RPC 	    	Remote Procedure Call (RPC) is used in client/server applications based on MS Windows operating systems
      	137 	  	stealthed 	    	NETBIOS Name Service 	    	NetBios is used to share files through your Network Neighborhood
      	138 	  	stealthed 	    	NETBIOS Datagram Service 	    	NetBios is used to share files through your Network Neighborhood
      	139 	  	stealthed 	    	NETBIOS Session Service 	    	NetBios is used to share files through your Network Neighborhood
      	1080 	  	stealthed 	    	SOCKS PROXY 	    	Socks Proxy is an internet proxy service
      	1243 	  	stealthed 	    	SubSeven 	    	SubSeven is one of the most widespread trojans
      	3128 	  	stealthed 	    	Masters Paradise and RingZero 	    	Trojan horses
      	12345 	  	stealthed 	    	NetBus 	    	NetBus is one of the most widespread trojans
      	12348 	  	stealthed 	    	BioNet 	    	BioNet is one of the most widespread trojan
      	27374 	  	stealthed 	    	SubSeven 	    	SubSeven is one of the most widespread trojans
      	31337 	  	stealthed 	    	Back Orifice 	    	Back Orifice is one of the most widespread trojans
    use wwdc .. close netbios etc and try scan again?

9. Randy40

Randy40 Guest

Re: LnS and PC Flank

Hello Everybody,

Thank you for all the reply's,I just did it and was stealth in the quick scan,it only happens in the quick scan option every where else on that site I am stealthed or passed all tests,then tried it a second time and this is what it told me:

Warning!
    The test found visible port(s) on your system: 139 (Hum...I have no NetBIOS?)

Recommendation:
    Install personal firewall software. PC Flank recommends Outpost F

Then I tried there advanced port scanner test and entered scan port 139(BOTH OPTIONS OPEN AND CLOSED PORT SCANNING),and it was in stealth both times,go back to the quick scan after cleaning cacheand reboooting,then try again and its still open again!Its not LnS if every other on-line scanner say's all ports stealth on LnS. Also did that 5 hour on-line scan,that you have to register to do this scan,and passed all there tests,and I have no NetBIOS it is uninstalled!,it seems PCF is sleeping..........WaKe-Up!PCF!

So I guess you guys are right there sever on PCF is kind of buggy on the quick scan,thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.