LnS and Dual Core

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by peleuba, Feb 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. peleuba

peleuba Registered Member

I am interested in purchasing LnS as my primary firewall for a my Intel Core 2 Duo T7200 equipped laptop. I was all set to make th epurchase but have recently been reading some conflicting information regarding LnS and dual core CPU's.

My question is this, will LnS work with my dual core laptop? I am am currently using Zone Alarm and am not interested in continuing with this bloatware. Commodo is not for me as I find the LnS interface and resource usage more to my liking. Thanks!

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

i don't know of conflicts with dual core CPU's, but LnS does conflict with hardware DEP.

the workaround is simple: don't enable "Watch thread injection" or "Watch DNS calls"

3. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

Yes there is a little conflict between the DEP of core duo processors and lns. I've found that on my system i seem to be able to enable watch thread injection or watch dns calls but i cannot enable both at the same time, nor can i enable either of them if i have dll detection enabled.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.