LnS 205 + Boclean

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by tosbsas, Dec 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tosbsas

tosbsas Registered Member

Anyone has set ports for the bocleanupdater. Tried tcp 21,20,113 but wouldn't work. Udp 113 works fine though

Ruben

2. Phant0m

Phant0m Registered Member

Interesting, what version of BoClean you using?
    If you authorize BoClean main Application launching rights,
    "BOClean _?_ updater" connecting rights and port 21 specified in “Ports and IP address selection” for TCP ports field, there shouldn’t be any problems. Or least not unless there isn’t any rule configured in Internet Filtering screen. ;)

3. tosbsas

Using 4.11

Have a 113 rule to authenticate - with updater as app - maybe need to cancel that one

Cancelled that rule, but with 20;21;113 in the app window in tcp I can't get thru

Ruben

4. JPM

JPM Registered Member

I have tried many, many, many times to create a rule for BOClean's updater in LnS. I have never been able to get it or anything to do with FTP to work. I have to disable the Internet filtering to update BOClean as it is the only way I can get it to update. Then afterwards I just enable it again. Not a good solution but for me the only one I can find. Does anyone have a rule or rules that will allow BOClean's updater and or FTP to work in LnS?

5. Phant0m

Hey JPM

Indeed that isn’t very good solution one bit, you can download a rule I just created to authorize initiating Connections from remote BoClean server (using IP specifications) in through ftp-data port (20tcp). Click HERE

This rule gets imported above “TCP : Block incoming connections” rule and must stay above that rule, this rule is an addition to “TCP : Authorize Identification” rule and “TCP : Authorize most common Internet services” rule provided in EnhancedRulesSet.rls or “TCP : Allow” rule provided in Phant0m`` rule-sets.

6. tosbsas

heys works - any ports to set in the app filters??

Ruben

7. Phant0m

Of course it works…………

OK; for the BOClean Application you must authorize it Launching rights, and the BOClean updater you must authorize it connecting rights and you configure that with TCP port and IP specifications like shown for the below image.

Just remember I don’t recommend using that rule-file I created and posted link to earlier which opens ftp-data port for initiating connections from remote machine, if I were you guys I would do manual updates (MUCH SAFER) or build PASSV BOClean Updater.

If anyone knows BOClean Tech or E-mail of the product author I’d contact them myself to get PASSIVE Mode Support for their Updating System…

Attached Files:

8. tosbsas

Thanks - but as I understand - they already did go passive

Ruben

9. Phant0m

What version is it available in? v4.11?

10. tosbsas

yep - that was confusing me - cause when setting that apps filter on 20;21and 113 in tcp it didn't work

Ruben

11. Phant0m

No PASSV requires any ADDITIONAL RULES to AUTHORIZE INITATING CONNECTIONS FROM REMOTE MACHINE. It’s the users machine which makes all the initiating connections, and in this case it’s not so BOClean don’t have PASSV Support…

12. tosbsas

Ok got you - so no extra rule needed and no limiting in the apps dialog

Ruben

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.