LLTD Protocol - ESS & Vista x32

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v3 Beta Forum' started by rapierau, Aug 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rapierau

rapierau Registered Member

Yikes Im stuck and need some help.

I have recently upgraded my ADSL Modem to a Dlink DSL-604T Gen II as I intend on getting a XBox 360 and my neighbour is sharing my connection now.

I want to map my network structure using Vista's inbuilt Mapper but for somereason it doesnt want to work.

I have checked the following.
    Network is connected and working - both computers are up and showing
    LLTD responder has been installed on XP sp2 box.
    Both the LLTD protocols on the Vista box are enabled on both the wired and wireless ethernet cards (not both connected at the same time)
    File and print sharing is enabled both in ESS and on both boxes.
    I have UPNP enabled in trusted domain also and yes local IP address is in trusted domain.

Now the problem doesnt seem to be completely ESS but in autofiltering mode (firewall), i get this (actually lots of these).
    5/08/2007 5:06:02 PM Communication denied by rule 10.1.1.4:49277 239.255.255.250:1900 UDP Block outgoing SSDP (UPNP) requests c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE
    I have tried interactive filtering mode but with svchost.exe allowed to do just about anything there is no difference.

I even turned the firewall off in ESS completely and still no luck.

So the question is (I suppose)
    "Does the DLink DSL-604T Gen II have the necessary LLTD Protocols installed, enabled.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

2. rapierau

rapierau Registered Member

ESS - my sincerest apologies it wasnt ESS at all.

There seems to be a problem with the Nforce Network driver that doesnt like the LLTD protocol at all.

Have swapped over to the second inbuilt LAN port.

Blast - just wasted 3 hours but learned heaps.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.