Little Question

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v3 Beta Forum' started by The_Duality, Jun 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The_Duality

The_Duality Registered Member

Having used ESS for a couple of days on my machine, i was wondering - Are there going to be any changes to the GUI? Parts of it just feel a bit rough around the edges, and the firewall prompts tend to be quite intrusive... Can they be set to appear in the corner above the system tray like other firewalls? It was partly the GUI that made me switch back to 2.7.

Does anyone else have any opinions on the new GUI? I think it would be fantastic once it is refined. Particularly the settings are a little hard to find your way around.

EDIT: Damn posted in the wrong section... must have clicked the wrong link. Can a mod move this for me? Cheers.

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

As announced here by Mayth - yes , beta2 will be with new design , whatever this means ;)

Well , I have been using ESS on one of our computers since the very first day the first public beta was released . At the beginning I didn't like the new GUI and just like you I felt that it must be simplified . However , so many days have passed and now I can say it is not that bad and I find it very simple to understand especially from IT newbies . It has much more options and things that can be changed if you turn to "Advanced setup tree" but if you don't enter there you are fine . I am used to it (the GUI) now .

It must be noted that the new product ESS needs much less tweaking when it comes to automated doing of cleaning when threat is found , less scareful alarms and may be Blackspear will not need to do any new "Extra settings" thread because of the way ESS is made to work .:D

Although the new beta 1b uses more memory , it still runs very light on my 256 Mb RAM XP computer .

Why don't you try to switch to "Automatic mode" for the firewall ? Just a suggestion. Works perfectly here.

3. The_Duality

The_Duality Registered Member

Cheers for the link, Hitech :) Im afraid i have not being keeping track of the ESS threads, im jumping into the beta a bit late :p

I shall take your suggestion and perhaps re-install it and leave it for a few days and see how i get on. I have to agree with you I do like the automated cleaning. The only thing that worries me is reports of files not being quarantined after cleaning/deletion. Quarantine can be very handy in the case of an FP.

Yes, I also found that ESS ran incredibly lightly, considering it can use quite a considerable chunk of RAM. Im impressed I have to say. Having witnessed the beta stages of other products, it seems that ESS is with very few problems - even though its only beta 1! :eek:

Fantastic stuff :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.