little problem that won't do what I ask

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by hogarth27, May 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hogarth27

hogarth27 Registered Member

I was here a couple of weeks ago and though I asked how to get Acronis to restore something when it said something about privilege. I worked around that when someone steered me to mounting images.
    But now Acronis refuses to restore a medium size data file, and again I see the word, privilege.
    But this time I know what it means - it has to do with
    Administer rank and privilege, and it helped me a bit. But even when I "act as Administrator", it remains idle.
    I've had a hard time understanding how to deal with the administor thing. I own it, and I have to figure out how to ask me to let me do something.
    Any help much appreciated.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Hogarth27,

Please let us know what program version you use and when exactly you get the error message.

Your system account doesn't seem to have all necessary privileges.
    Please check that your user is member of the "Administrators" group:

1. Go Start - Run and execute "lusrmgr.msc" command
    2. Select "Users" - "YourUser" - right click and "Properties"
    3. Choose "Member of..." tab.
    4. Add there "Administrators". If it's already there remove it, apply changes, add it again and apply again.

If it doesn't help you can login the system using build-in Administrator account.

To do so:
    1. Go Start - Run and execute "lusrmgr.msc" command
    2. Select "Users" - "Administrator" - right click and "Properties"
    3. "Account is disabled" box has to be unchecked
    4. Go back to "Administrator" - right click and "Set password..."
    5. Set a password (or you can leave it blank) and remember it
    6. Reboot your system and login as "Administrator"

Thank you.

Daniel Pustovoy

3. hogarth27

Sorry this is such a late reply, but problems compounded and I do sometimes have a life non-wired too.
    I did discover that another problem that had me banging my head against a brick wall was my own stupidity. But that meant the file I was after was impossible to restore.
    Anyway, you ask the whats and whens of the problem at hand.
    I'm pretty sure this is the current ATIH and I use Vista Home Premium.
    You ask, "when exactly you get the error message."
    First I try to get everything right, then I press "PROCEDE" and then I spend a lot of time trying to see if it is rubbing, and then get to a part of the log I'd not seen before and I find the attachment I append. (priv.gif)
    As long as 'm attaching my frustrations, here's what I get when I follow your first suggestion. (usr.gif)

And the built-in was one of the first things I tried.

I guess that's enough for now,
    thanks

4. hogarth27

(Looks like I should have started a thread on how to include atttachments. I think I got it this time.)

Attached Files:

5. GroverH

GroverH Registered Member

6. Acronis Support

Hello hogarth27,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image Home 2009

Make sure that "Backup files and directories" and "Restore files and directories" from Local Security Settings are applicable under Administrator rights:

- Go to Start->Control Panel->Administrative Tools->Local Security Policy->Local Policies->User Rights Assignments;
    - Right click on "Backup files and directories" and "Restore files and directories" -> Properties -> Add User or Group... -> Advanced... -> Find Now -> check Administrators and choose OK.

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

7. hogarth27

I had done those long ago, but realizing my ability to forget things I don't understand, I went back, studied help files etc., and tried again, And again. One small difference the last three times that I, administor or administor/owner tried to restore a backup file, it didn't tell me I'm not privileged, it leaves no trace that I had been there. Not in log, not nowhere.
    And I need that data!
    Is there a next step I could try?

tia, hopefully

8. hogarth27

STOP THE PRESSES! I think I found the problem. Promise you won't look at the attachment - that would spoil the awed surprise.
    This afternoon I tried to validate the file in question. That gave me no trouble, but using that experience as a guide, I uncovered a heretofor never seen (by me) area of the log page.

TA - DA...

I'm still having trouble with attachments. The next reply
    will contain the attachment and not much more.

Maybe that is just a hint, not an answer, but I'm beginning to have hope.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2009
  9. hogarth27

OK, no attachment. I quote:

Scheduler unAble to run the task "Create Acronis Secure Zone (1)" with GUID C4FD56E5-6D19-4A7C-B618-06AEAC27D9EB because of the error 1314 (Privilege not held.)

10. Acronis Support

Hello hogarth27,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

I can suggest you to create Acronis Booting Rescue Media. Acronis Booting Rescue Media is a standalone version of Acronis True Image Home 2009, burned onto a CD and based on a Linux operating system.

You can find out on how to create Acronis Booting Rescue Media on our web site at User Guide for Acronis True Image Home 2009 available here (chapter 10)

Please create Acronis Secure Zone and recover the necessary information from the archive. Acronis Booting Rescue Media will help to avoid the privilege issue.

Also, to fix the issue with the program malfunction under Windows please download Acronis Scheduler, which is a special utility to update the scheduler service. The link is available here

Extract the downloaded file, run install.bat and wait for the process to be completed. The utility will automatically update the service. Reboot the computer and re-create the tasks.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

11. hogarth27

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.