List of trackers?

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by vasa1, Mar 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vasa1

vasa1 Registered Member

Last edited: Mar 2, 2012
  2. tlu

tlu Guest

Yeah, I had noticed that site before. Useful. My Noscript blacklist is getting bigger and bigger.

EDIT: I forgot to add another similar list.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2012
  3. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

These so-called privacy companies make me vomit my own bowels!!! It's disgusting! :mad: :ouch: o_O

Oh... gee... Did they forget about Google Analytics? NO BLOODY WONDER!!! Have we forget about it... have we? :p

The truth shall be revealed!!!!! :isay: :argh:

Attached Files:

4. vasa1

vasa1 Registered Member

That's just the standard hypocrisy prevalent.

In terms of hypocrisy, Mozilla isn't too far from the top. They seem to have made "privacy" their new slogan rather than functionality while getting most of their money from Google.

I wonder what business model these privacy advocates have in lieu of advertising. Walled gardens?

5. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

That list is probably woefully incomplete. Google analytics seems to be ignored by a lot of "privacy" tools, hell, I think even NoScript allows it by default.

6. tlu

tlu Guest

Really? I can't tell if that's correct as I import my Noscript settings every time I have to install it anew. However, since Giorgio introduced GA surrogate scripts some years ago I doubt that it's still whitelisted by default.

7. vasa1

vasa1 Registered Member

8. tlu

tlu Guest

9. vasa1

vasa1 Registered Member

That FAQ is a nice read, in general. I now know what the wyciwyg entries in my Privoxy log are all about :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.