linux :-(

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus/Smart Security Beta' started by lover, Apr 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lover

lover Registered Member

My patience is over !
    I will not wait while my linux is unprotected ( by anti-theft ) and will look for another solution !

2. SweX

SweX Registered Member

Your Linux is protected just fine with ESET AV for Linux.
    ESET Anti-Theft is for when/if your PC get's stolen and be able to track it down. HTH :)

3. lover

lover Registered Member

Of course I mean this tracking !

4. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

ESET NOD32 Antivirus for Linux Desktop has not received any new builds for a while, and a decision was made to update it to provide compatibility with current supported distributions, which until now had required a set of workarounds for installation and operation.

Anti-theft functionality is a part of the ESET Smart Security line, and not ESET NOD32 Antivirus, which provides anti-threat functionality, but not firewall, antispam or anti-theft, which are part of ESET Smart Security's features.

ESET may or may not introduce an ESET Smart Security for Linux Desktops, but if they do, your request for anti-theft functionality will certainly be taken into consideration.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

5. linufan

linufan Registered Member

Probably volunteers may do an unofficial anti-theft compatible with current version of NOD for linux.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.