Linux Mint 16 Petra - P-p-p-perfect!

Discussion in 'all things UNIX' started by Mrkvonic, Dec 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Here we have a perfect-score review of Linux Mint 16 Petra 64-bit edition with the Cinnamon desktop, an Ubuntu-based distribution, covering live session, installation in a dual-boot configuration and post-install use, including look & feel, desklets, applets and other configurations, multimedia playback - Flash, MP3, HD video, Apple trailers (QuickTime, iTunes), network streaming, software management, updates, a rich arsenal of applications, helper tools and utilities, and third-party programs like Steam, Skype and Picasa, Driver Manager and Nvidia grapics setup, resource usage, stability, performance, suspend & resume, printing to Windows over Samba, final customization, other resources, not a single bug or problem, and more.

http://www.dedoimedo.com/computers/linux-mint-petra.html

Cheers,
    Mrk

2. Baserk

Baserk Registered Member

What a score. Nice review.

OT: I'd expected at least one Steam Early Access Entropy screenshot link :)
    Space, open sandbox, nice spaceship models...

3. mattdocs12345

mattdocs12345 Registered Member

Wow 10/10. I have never seen a perfect score. Now I have to install this one.

4. mack_guy911

mack_guy911 Registered Member

glad you didnt experience bad shutdown problem on 64 bit i am sometimes facing them also there one this i didnt like about new linux mint 16 is no tab in terminals did you notice it.

now i am using Terminator for tab terminal :)

5. mattdocs12345

mattdocs12345 Registered Member

Okay I am running Linux Mint 16 (previously I ran LMDE) and I have to say it looks absolutely beautiful. Really well polished and a lot of little things make it really pleasant to interact with.
    I hope 17 LTS will look and behave exactly the same and that LMDE will be brought to the same level of completeness.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.