Linux Mint 16 Petra - P-p-p-perfect!

Discussion in 'all things UNIX' started by Mrkvonic, Dec 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Here we have a perfect-score review of Linux Mint 16 Petra 64-bit edition with the Cinnamon desktop, an Ubuntu-based distribution, covering live session, installation in a dual-boot configuration and post-install use, including look & feel, desklets, applets and other configurations, multimedia playback - Flash, MP3, HD video, Apple trailers (QuickTime, iTunes), network streaming, software management, updates, a rich arsenal of applications, helper tools and utilities, and third-party programs like Steam, Skype and Picasa, Driver Manager and Nvidia grapics setup, resource usage, stability, performance, suspend & resume, printing to Windows over Samba, final customization, other resources, not a single bug or problem, and more.

http://www.dedoimedo.com/computers/linux-mint-petra.html

Cheers,
    Mrk
  2. Baserk

Baserk Registered Member

What a score. Nice review.

OT: I'd expected at least one Steam Early Access Entropy screenshot link :)
    Space, open sandbox, nice spaceship models...
  3. mattdocs12345

mattdocs12345 Registered Member

Wow 10/10. I have never seen a perfect score. Now I have to install this one.
  4. mack_guy911

mack_guy911 Registered Member

glad you didnt experience bad shutdown problem on 64 bit i am sometimes facing them also there one this i didnt like about new linux mint 16 is no tab in terminals did you notice it.

now i am using Terminator for tab terminal :)
  5. mattdocs12345

mattdocs12345 Registered Member

Okay I am running Linux Mint 16 (previously I ran LMDE) and I have to say it looks absolutely beautiful. Really well polished and a lot of little things make it really pleasant to interact with.
    I hope 17 LTS will look and behave exactly the same and that LMDE will be brought to the same level of completeness.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.