Linspire Five-O

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by pjiv, Jan 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pjiv

pjiv Registered Member

Ok, this is what I have currently....

2 Hard Disk Drives

Drive 1 is a 200GB Western Digital drive with 2 partitions
    C:\ ~65GB Windows XP Pro SP2
    D:\ ~122GB Data

Drive 2 is a 80GB Western Digital drive which is blank.

How can I install Linspire on drive 2, without it knowing about drive 1. I tried to hide the 200GB drive using the hidden attribute in the OS selector, to no avail.

I right clicked on the Boot from CD and manually set the boot order to drive 2 then 1, however when Linspire reports the drives, drive 2 is last.

After I install Linspire and reboot, GRUB comes up and I can choose which OS to boot into, however I bought Disk Director 10 for the OS selector that can 'change the boot order of the drives' so exactly how does one do this. I ask because if I reactivate OS selector, then I can't boot Linspire, I get an error code if I select it, and if I select Windows XP I get another error code.

How do I make the system ONLY SEE DRIVE 2. So there is no conflicts with these boot loaders? Can this be done? I looked in sections 8.3 of the manual and it's usless.

I'm letting Linspire take over the whole drive, I'm not installing on a partition.

Any help is appreciated. I'm at a loss.

Thanks

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello pjiv,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Partition and Disk Managing Software.

Could you please clarify what error messages you have received when tried to boot your operating systems form Acronis OS Selector? Could you please make screen shots of this error messages? You can make them using a digital camera.

Please also create Acronis Report in the way described below:

- Download and run Acronis Report Utility;
    - Select the "Create Bootable Floppy" option;
    - Insert a blank floppy disk in the A: drive and proceed with creation of the bootable floppy;
    - Boot the computer from this diskette and wait for report creation process to finish;
    - Collect the report file from the floppy.

Please submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

3. pjiv

pjiv Registered Member

The error code is 22 and it's GRUB's error code, after I reactivate the Acronis OS Selector.

4. Acronis Support

Hello pjiv,

Thank you for the clarification.

If you have already submited a request then please let me know your case # which was sent to you in autoreply to your letter. I will find out how the investigation of your issue is going.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

5. pjiv

pjiv Registered Member

I scrapped the whole thing. I reformatted the drive and reinstalled Linux, now the OS selector works, as well as GRUB, but it detected 4 Linux's when there is only 1. The first 2 booted as normal. When I selected linux 3 or 4 grub would load, but then could not mount partition error message. I have hidden linux 2-4 for now, but why is the OS selector seeing 4 linuxs'?

6. Acronis Support

Hello pjiv,

Please create Acronis Report as I've asked in my post above and submit a request for technical support. Attach the collected report.txt file to your request along with the link to this thread.

This information would let us investigate the problem under consideration thoroughly and provide you with a possible solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.