LinkScanner Pro Renewal

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by TheKid7, Mar 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

No, you do not need the toolbar. Besides the fact that is more revenue for AVG, it is only also an easy way to know that all the searches done through it are only displayed the links LinkScanner considers safe to visit. So, resuming, not needed.

Yes, it protects Opera users, though not placing any green, yellow or red rating next to the links. If the user visits a link, and if it's bad, LinkScanner will be blocking the access.

2. raven211

raven211 Registered Member

Pretty much like Safe Web and its Ask-"cooperation" on that point then... :)

I'll disable Safe Web in N360 and install this then. Knowing which searches that are safe is not the most important thing to me and probably the same for most experienced users. ;)

Does it protect Opera users from malware/exploits and such things too, like the old LinkScanner Pro? By that I mean cause I remember, even if LinkScanner didn't just block the page, it would take care of exploits that were there - I liked that approach. :cool:

Thanks! :D

Last edited: Apr 20, 2009
  3. progress

progress Guest

I think yes, try it! :)

4. raven211

raven211 Registered Member

I think it's working just great - nice. :)

Only "bad" thing I've seen so far is weird grammatics, like in the Update Manager: "Start automatic updates". It's an option, damnit! :D I would also use capital letters in the beginning of both "automatic" and "updates".

Overall I think the program is doing very good. Works good with out-of-box settings, but I would personally change the updating to, when a reboot is required, do it automatically when restarting manually, in order to be as un-intrusive as possible. That's the only thing really. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.