Line 220 activated, During Fresh Install

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by Greg1951, May 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Greg1951

Greg1951 Registered Member

I got a screen of this message after I zero'd my hardrive and went to re install my OS. It said something like
    HMEM.SYS Line 220 open
    Show up on one of the dos screens while loading windows XP. Does anyone have any idea what and why this message appeared and what is HMEM.SYS. More of the former of the question is my interest, then the latter. ThAnk you very much for taking the time to answer if you do.
    Greg

2. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, Greg1951

Are you by anyway booting from Floppy Disks.

HMEM.SYS is Microsoft Memory Management

Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

3. Greg1951

Greg1951 Registered Member

No, I saw this , after I had zeroed the hardrive, and while or before the XP Software was loading onto the hardrive. I am mistaken about it being in dos, but I did see the notice on the screen. IS it a program that someone left on my computer's bios or hardrive? I didnt understand what it meant at the time, and firgured the hardrive was clean. So I loaded the OS anyway. Is this notice mean anything to you ?

4. Gavin - DiamondCS

Gavin - DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

No, but it might be hard to work out without the exact message. Since you wiped the drive, we you booted off a CD ?

Everything SHOULD be ok of course..

5. Greg51

Greg51 Guest

Yes, it was a fresh install. Now I had problems and re installed again. The message didn't show this time. Thank you for the reply.
    Greg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.