LimeWire Gives Up the Ghost, Shuts Down P2P Filesharing Client

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by ronjor, Oct 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. andyman35

andyman35 Registered Member

I'm not sure which recorders you've tried but I've a nice collection of cd quality tracks courtesy of the tube.As for streams I always go for at least 192k and preferably 320.Of course the quality is variable and some of the rippers automatically download the lowest quality but I find it an excellent resource with the right tools.

As for BT it's good but I tend to go for individual tracks rather than albums,I grab a few DJ mix-sets off it though.

2. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

Well, as far as single tracks, I'm the same way a lot of times. It's a treasure hunt trying to find a complete album worth downloading these days. The thing about streams is that, for the most part, you don't have a choice. A paid service has a set quality and you either take it or leave it. Internet radio is all over the place in quality, from 320 all the way down to the 60s. And it's usually my luck that the music I want is on the crappy quality stations.

So far I've found Rhapsody to be a good balance for paid service. For free, I just either Youtube or keep trying out different radio stations I come across, Accu-radio being among the better choices.

3. DasFox

DasFox Registered Member

I had that when it first came out, man there was a lot and it was fast and no waiting around.

I also used Kazaa when it first hit the scene and in the beginning it was great too.

Also used Dr. Damn's iMesh, another one for the books of P2P... ;)

P2P at the beginning was cool...

4. andyman35

andyman35 Registered Member

I tend to go for Last FM but in general I'm spoilt for choice since I'm into Trance stuff which tends to be available at high bitrates at Shoutcast and the likes.I can't even bear to listen to anything sub 128k let alone download it so it's just the luck of the draw.Thankfully BT does cater for every taste though.:D

5. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

6. DasFox

DasFox Registered Member

This doesn't take a genius to figure out and the fact that companies out there making P2P apps really goes to show the stupidity that they don't think they can be held liable.

It's also like calling it guilty by association...

Then they're all crying, we did it to make for nice filesharing the right way, LOL... well no one is going to do that, DUH... o_O

7. Pedro

Pedro Registered Member

LimeWire Resurrected By Secret Dev Team
    http://torrentfreak.com/limewire-resurrected-by-secret-dev-team-101108/

http://yro.slashdot.org/story/10/11/09/042242/LimeWire-Lives-Again

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.