Licensing upgrades

Discussion in 'ESET Endpoint Products' started by rpelletier, Sep 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rpelletier

rpelletier Registered Member

I can understand requiring a 5-user minimum for ESET NOD32 for Business, but not allowing a 5-user customer to upgrade to 6 users (they have to go up to 10) is just friggin' stupid.

I won't recommend this product anymore - I've had it with companies thinking they're too big for their britches.

The product is pretty good, but it isn't THAT good. The company, however, stinks.

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Generally it should not be a problem to extend a Business Edition license from 5 to 6 or more computers. I've emailed our sales department on this. Will keep you updated.

3. rpelletier

That would be good - doesn't seem logical that upgrades can only be purchased in 5's.
    My distributor was pretty firm in that - if they're wrong, maybe you can help set the straight...

(Distributor is in Montreal.)

4. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

im in the usa and they allowed me to add to my business lic without buying an extra 5 lic's not sure in canada though

5. rpelletier

Any response yet? Would like to process this renewal - the reminders are driving some users crazy. Client has approved a 3-year renewal (plus adding another license), but he won't approve adding 5...

Thanks...

6. Marcos

Please check your PM, I dropped you one several hours ago.

7. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

at renewal, you can upgrade to anything you want. Outside of the renewal period, ESET sales support are reluctant to change anything less than 5 licenses - it is a pain and we have been dealing with this for 9 years... talk to your reseller - they can normally help.

8. rpelletier

I think this was a lack of understanding on the part of my distributor. The renewal was ordered before the license had expired, they just told me that I couldn't renew the 5 and add a new one, claiming I had to add a minimum of 5.

ESET has assured me that this is not necessary and are taking steps to make it right.

Hey, we're all learning all the time in this business, right?

9. webyourbusiness

that's rubbish - at renewal you can add 1, 2 3, 4 or 5+ At least we can... we routinely do this at renewal *AND* we can do this within 60 days of renewal easily as well.

If you don't get any help from your distributor and you're in the USA or canada, contact ESET or myself to help you out with this single add-on.

10. rpelletier

webyourbusiness, you are right.

Had a talk with my distributor, and he finally admitted to me that the handling for an order of merely one or two licenses isn't worth their while. Apparently, that's why his people are telling their clients that ESET doesn't allow adding smaller quantities.

I gotta find a new distributor: I can't tell my clients that their business isn't worth my trouble, and I can't have my suppliers telling me that.

11. Marcos

Not sure what went wrong but I've got a copy of an email sent to you on Sept 20 by the appropriate channel manager: "I have been informed that you are looking to renew and add on to your ESET license. Please feel free to reach out to me so I can further assist you in the process.". The subsequent reply seems to have contained only "K. Cheers" so they were not able to assist you any further without any additional information as I was informed: "Until the customer starts responding to us or their reseller we cannot assist him in his renewal. In order for us to properly track and assist this customers case we need your assistance by following the proper protocol and directing the end-user to contact our support line."
    So in the end it looks to me just like a communication issue that could have been handled and solved by ESET, LLC.

12. rpelletier

Not sure who received or replied to that email, but it wasn't me.

However, my distributor finally accommodated me, the license was finally received and the client has been renewed.

I appreciate your help with this Marcos, but this situation does suggest a problem or two...

Who was the appropriate channel manager, and who did he actually write to? "K. Cheers" doesn't sound like anything I would write.

Why is my distributor so reluctant to make a licensing request for a single license? It seems as though this while problem wasn't with ESET, but my distributor. He says selling a single license isn't worth his trouble - that he loses money because of all the work involved and the low margin.

Once again, thanks for stepping in and helping me resolve this. In future, can i renew my licensing directly with ESET, or can you suggest another distributor who will be easier to deal with?

13. webyourbusiness

you can buy from ANY reseller in your geographic region - you could renew through any reseller here (including us) - there is no reason you must continue to buy through the reseller/distributor who you bought from originally.

That said - I see you said that this was for a client of yours - ie, that you resell these licenses - contact us at BetterAntivirus.com or another reseller - we work with LOTS of small IT companies who resell the licenses to their clients and have special procedures for this type of customer.

14. Marcos

I, too, don't understand the problem because it's possible to extend a license by any number at the time the license is due for renewal even in the US or Canada. I'll contact the sales guys from the US again and will pass them your response. Also I'll PM you the email they allegedly sent you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.