Licenses

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by DavidJMT, Jul 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DavidJMT

DavidJMT Registered Member

Hey guys, I'm confused hehe
    I have two remote console licenses, containing 5 users each license

my question is...
    Is that 4 clients + server
    or 5 clients + server

by server I mean:
    antivirus on the server and rac on my computer

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

2 separate servers, each with 5 clients

3. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

you can have the one RA server using multiple .LIC files can't you?

4. Marcos

RA server loads only one license file at a time.

5. DavidJMT

DavidJMT Registered Member

if i install ndntenst.exe on the server, does that count as one client?

6. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Yes . If you want it to also report to RAS , then it will be a machine counted . Your license cover 10 machines no matter if they are workstations or servers.

You must install NOD32 Antivirus if you want to protect the server

7. Cosmo32

Cosmo32 Guest

Marcos,
    Can you clarify? I was told that when I chose the Eterprise Edition for "five" that the figure is 1 server + 4 clients = 5 seats. I have 4 clients (nod32) and my server (LAN Update Srvr, RAS, RAC) all running nod32 (quite well actually!) :D and have never tried to squeeze another client into the mix.
    Thank you,
    Duncan

8. xTiNcTion

xTiNcTion Registered Member

this is correct

9. webyourbusiness

if we could use multiple .lic files it would help a lot with growing companies who want to add machines every month or so....

10. Marcos

I just wonder how RA should behave if some of the license keys expire. It'd be diffucult to program the logic so it will stay as it is, at least for the time being.

11. webyourbusiness

if you want the logic, I used to be an analyst programmer - it's not hard to work out how it SHOULD work - but you obviously know the intricacies of how it DOES work a lot better than I do... ;)

I am thinking that slots would be allocated to a license - the first license file would reserve say, 5 slots - either reserving IPs, or more likely, MAC addresses - those slots would be "locked" unless released by the admin - and then when "unlocked" - the next address in would grab/lock that address again. If it was a 2 or 3 click affair to unlock the MAC/IP address, it would be sufficient of a pitr to discourage someone from purchasing a 5 user license for the administration of 10 licenses - make them enter a random graphic code each time and I about guarantee you'll not have people do that.

Meanwhile, each license file gathers it's quota and locks them... I'm sure you see where I'm going with this... if you have chained RA's, then the RA license file of the top level server would sync to the RA file of child server - ie, an admin off-site like me, would have a copy of the license file and be able to pull the RA information from the immediate (client side server) - using a licens hash it would only pull the client information relating to that .LIC file.

If you want me to redesign it from the ground up... I'm available at a price... ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.