license

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v3 Beta Forum' started by The One, Aug 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The One

The One Frequent Poster

Hi
    I can buy a NOD32 license for € 10 for two years. Am i able to use this for the ESS suite if it comes out before August 2009?

2. GAN

GAN Registered Member

Most likely not since nod32 is antivirus only and ESS contains more then just antivirus. It's basically another product and not a upgrade of nod32.
    There might be a upgrade price for existing nod32 users, but i can only guess since i don't know anything for sure about this.
    Anyway if you can get a two year license of nod32 for only €10 that is very cheap so it's not a huge loss if you might have to buy ESS a year later. €10 is almost free and you want a upgrade to ESS for free as well:) I have to pay about 4 times as much for a one year license of nod32.

3. Xophile

Xophile Registered Member

Sounds a bit too cheap, anyone agree?

4. GAN

GAN Registered Member

I agree, should check if it's legal and a real reseller of nod32.

5. The One

The One Frequent Poster

It is really legal. It is a Dutch student offer.

6. GAN

GAN Registered Member

Well if you like nod32 i see no reason to not buy a license for that price. Even if you use it for 6 months only it's still cheap.
    I'm not sure how eset handle the licensing, but you might not necessarily be entitled to get a upgrade price from a student license of nod32 to ESS.
    Anyway since ESS is not released yet i'm not sure if anyway know how much ESS will cost, if you can upgrade from nod32 and stuff like that. Also i don't think ESS will be released anytime soon.

7. gerardwil

gerardwil Registered Member

I can confirm it's legal, but I never bought because till today I could always get a free full license. The latest from a magazine which gave me a 6 month license for free if I send in the code before end of August.

In the past I bought via the school three copies of Office XP Pro for €29 each :)

Regarding NOD32 I am sure you can't upgrade to ESS for free.

Gerard

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.