License renewed - no more automatic updates?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Stijnson, Jun 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stijnson

Stijnson Registered Member

I have a small issue concerning v2.
    I renewed my license last week (old one expired June 10th). I entered my new license settings under Update - Setup last weekend to make sure NOD would update normally once I turned on my computer after June 10th.

This morning I booted for the first time this week and to my surprise NOD didn't auto update the definitions. The license settings are correct because when I do a manual update everything works fine.

What can be the cause of this? Please don't offer the advice to upgrade to v3 (I will do that later), for the moment I'm more interested in finding out why NOD won't update automatically.

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

It happened once only . An accident . Perhaps the server the program connected was busy and reported "no newer updates necessary" and that is why you didn't see it auto-update . Next , when you press "Update now" , it updated from another server which wasn't busy . It might also have been internet issue

3. Stijnson

Stijnson Registered Member

Hi HiTech, thanks for your quick reply. Perhaps you're right and perhaps it won't happen again.

I had the misfortune of this happening right after I renewed my license (this morning I booted for the first the time this week, after having entered my new license before I shut my computer down last weekend).
    I'll have to wait and see what happens when there is a new definitions update available (currently at 3186).

I'll report back when it happens again (I hope not of course).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.