License Renewal Update - License Password No Longer Works :(

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by rickyday, Mar 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rickyday

rickyday Registered Member

Ive updated my license for Smart Security and also added an extra license for a friend, recommended the product to them.

Now when i attempt to download the new Eset SS or the old Smart Security, my license key doesnt work or allow me to download the new version.

Keeps telling me my key has expired which it HAD until i renewed today...........

I thought it was normally instant, but ive waited for 2hrs for my license info to be updated and it still isnt :(

Ive even fiilled in the email regarding lost my account info, but its exactly the same info ive been entering.

Strange thing is it says the following.

Dear Valued Client,

Thank you for purchasing the NOD32 Antivirus System - the only antivirus program in the world which has not missed a single "In The Wild" virus in more than ten years of independent tests conducted by the prestigious antivirus industry trade journal, Virus Bulletin. (www.virusbtn.com).

Our mission is to provide you with the world's best antivirus protection, on an on-going basis. We're confident that you won't be disappointed with NOD32's performance - now, or in the future.

You are hereby granted an End User License to use NOD32 on: 2
    computer(s) until 24/02/2010

Now is this just an old email refering to NOD32 AV or are all the packages refered to as NOD?? I was under the impression that was just the AV package.

Ive certainly not bought that, ive renewed my ESS.

Can you please help?

Order Number 090302-0000636849

Email is the one i am using here.

Thanks

2. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

Hello ricky, a license renewal can take up to 48 hours to replicate through all the update servers.

3. rickyday

Thought that might be the reason, im just impatient ;)

Thanks for the lightning fast response :) You should work for Eset if you dont already :)

4. rickyday

Still no joy, now I know it can take 48hrs for information to replicate through servers, but i have a feeling somethings gone wrong here so have logged a ticket with Eset.

In the past ive registered and the information has propagated near instantly.

Not sure if anyone on this forums can look into my issue if i send login and password (Once ive verified they work for Eset obviously) :)

5. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

It depends on the way the renewal was done. If the same UP is kept, it may take 24-48 hours for the UP to start working (that's also why users are notified several days before the license is due for renewal). If you received a new username/password, it's supposed to work from the instance you received it. You could PM me your username so that I can check your license status.

6. rickyday

Thank you very much for the fast response Marcos, I did leave the renewal for a while, and it did expire, and i have now the same username and password as before.

Once again thanks for helping, and aplogies if im being too impatient :)
    PM Sent :)

7. XIII

XIII Registered Member

Already answered by Marcos (I overlooked that...)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.