License question.

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Gnam, May 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gnam

Gnam Guest

Hi! I've been lurking the forums for some time now as I'm evaluating Nod32 v2.
    I like it and it seems to be well spoken of so I guess I may finally purchase it.

However, I would like to ask a few questions about the license policy:

1)After registration do I receive a code to type in or do you unlock the software via Internet?

2)Can I format XP, reinstall XP, reinstall Nod32 and still use the same registration license/code as before for NOD32? I ask this because I haven't understood the 're-download' option that appears on the purchase page. Can the software only be installed once?!?

3)Can I purchase online form the USA site even if I live in Europe? The country I live in doesn't allow for Credit Card payment. (I had emailed this to e-commerce@nod32.com sales@nod32.com but with no reply – which isn't encouraging).

Thanks,
    Gnam :)

2. Bandicoot

Bandicoot Eset Staff

Hi Gnam,

After registration you will receive a Username and Password by email within about an hour.

You can re-install NOD32 with the same Username and Password you've been given as long as your licence is still valid.

It's usually best to contact the distributor in the country you live in regarding payment methods, etc. (you can locate your nearest from Eset's web site... www.esetsoftware.com) but there is no reason why you can't download from a USA distributor if you wish.

Regards,
    Bandicoot.

3. Gnam

Gnam Guest

Thanks Bandicoot!

(The re-download purchase option was from the KAV site - I got confused)

I'll just continue my evaluation period for now and then decide,
    Bye!
    Gnam ;)

4. Itsme

Itsme Registered Member

Well,
    I also do live in Europe, but I purchased the license in USD because the USD price is much cheaper than the EUR price.
    :D
    Itsme

5. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Well, a new license may be cheaper but what about further updates? I assume they cost more in US than in Europe.

6. Itsme

Itsme Registered Member

Wel, I'm not that sure.
    I don't know how Eset does it's price setting but I noticed on many sites that Europe prices are (much) more expensive than USD price. Maybe that could be as a result as medium term currency exchange fluctuations.

Lets see
    price in USA
    purchase USD 39 renewal 27.3
    price in Ireland
    purchase Eur 39.95 renewal 32.95
    price in france
    purchase Eur 39 renewal 27.30

Converted to todays USD / EUR currency exchange rates..would give..
    price in Ireland
    purchase usd 47 renewal usd 39.7
    price in france
    purchase usd 47 renewal usd 32.9

hmm, in percentages that would make o_O? hmm, not so nice Who cashes in on exchange rate difference? Not me !

I could understand a difference in price for the physical delivery of goods (like Corsair memory modules) that are shipped from USA to Europe.. but I can hardly understand (and accept) the difference in price for something downloaded form the internet.

I don't blame anybody of making profits but then allow me buy the licenses where I feel is most profitable (for me) too.

or said differently... I bought in USD 39 and it costed me EUR 32 instead of 39,xx

Well it all depends on your currency of reference. If Eset feels that the value of NOD is USD39, then is should price NOD in Europe at +- EUR 32. If it feels that NOD32 is worth EUR 39 then it should set its price in USA to USD47. Sound logic and straightforward to me.

I'm sure that EUR will drop futher againt USD until at one point then will be more interesting for USA to buy the license in EUR.

Well, I don't care as long as I have the choice where to buy.

Chiao Bello
    Itsme

Last edited: May 6, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.