License question

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by cmezza, Nov 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cmezza

cmezza Registered Member

Hello, I've been using a 2 for 1 promo license (nod32) for nearly a year on my home pc and laptop. I have not yet worked out the details, but having a couple other machines at home and 2 at my parents, it might be cheaper to get a multiple license with the mirror thingy; if I want to protect all of the PCs with NOD32.
    I have read other threads, which basically state that if one does the right thing, nothing wrong will happen (meaning no blacklisting of License ID :shifty: ), but I was wondering if such a setup: 4 PCs under one IP, 2 others under another IP, all under the same license would be a problem for the update servers. (Although one would host the mirror, and both IPs are fixed) ?
    I have a feeling it would be just fine, but better safe than sorry ;)

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Indeed it will.

Cheers :D

3. cmezza

cmezza Registered Member

Thanks that's good to know!
    Now that I've started looking around, I have an idea that may not be fine:
    - would it be ok to buy a renewal for 4 computers (as found here); when currently only 2 have NOD32 ? Otherwise I will really have to look into the Business version... :ouch:

4. Blackspear

No, you can not purchase a renewal when you don't currently own a license.

5. cmezza

cmezza Registered Member

Argh, not a surprise, but thanks for the confirmation.

Have a good one :D

6. Blackspear

You are welcome.

7. cmezza

cmezza Registered Member

Hello again, I have one last question (I think :p)
    I have decided to go with a renewal of my 2-user license, and get new 2/3-user licenses packs for the other PCs. (note: for 5 users, it's actually cheaper to buy 2+3 than 4+1, and for 6 3+3<4+2... in fact that 4-user license is not that good a deal :blink:, unless one has exactly 4 machines)

Anyway, I was wondering if the Home version license allows the use of the LAN Update Server (version with Mirror if I'm not mistaken) ? I have a home server (2003), so the OS is not an issue. And if so, would the update server accept my current licenses (renewed about an hour ago, provided I wait for the 3.0 Business version to be released).
    To be clear: on the same LAN PCs A,B renewed 2-user license AV-XXXXXX, PCs C,D,E new 3-user license EAV-YYYYYY. If replaced with Mirror version, can server 'C' update definitions for A,B,D & E ? Not critical, but would be 'nice to have' if at all allowed. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.