License Question

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Cosmo32, Feb 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cosmo32

Cosmo32 Guest

Took an install break last night. Just poked around a bit. Managed to find the RAS logfile. Interesting information. Notice that it contains lines that confirm my license. Good. The expiry is correct. The number of clients is also correct. The User Name has a small error (well to me anyway).

The User Name is missing my middle initial. Is this important? Should I contact ESET for a modified license file?

Without that middle initial the UN refers to my long deceased Father. (that middle initial/name has been a problem all my life!) LOL!
    Thanks much. This counsel of elders is extremely useful to a n00b like me.
    Duncan

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

What do you mean with the above statement . I can't understand you . The username is like that AV-3567890 where do you find initials ? AV comes from AntiVirus . What is your name ? A... ?.... V...

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

License files contain the name of the license holder. It's not important if it is missing your middle name.

4. Cosmo32

Cosmo32 Guest

Hightech boy,
    Understand your confusion. Sorry. Yes, I do know what my UserName and PW are from ESET. I am referring to lines in my RAS logfile (nod32ra.log):

<init_info> Licensed to: [my name w/o middle initial]
    <init_info> Expires: [correct license expiration date as dd mmm yyyy]
    <init_info> Number of clients: [proper # of clients I purchased]
    <init_info> Database initialized (using 'C:\Program Files\Eset\RA\Server\nod32ra.mdb'

Believe member "Marcos" answered my question.
    Thank you so much. I do really like this set of programs.
    Best,
    Duncan

5. Cosmo32

Cosmo32 Guest

Thank you Marcos. Thought so, but just wanted to be sure.
    NOD32 is just too good to be true. Why I waited 2 years to
    try it I'll never know.
    Best,
    Duncan

6. ASpace

ASpace Guest

I know understand ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.