License Problems

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by drahnier, May 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. drahnier

drahnier Guest

I did install SB3.1 on XP Pro system under account with admin priviledges. I could then use SB both under the administrative and a regular user account just fine. I did not purchase a license. ANd according to the Licence Agreement I don't need to. Until today everything was fine.

But today I updated the database (using the admin account) and now, when I start SB as regular user it spits out a dialog box:

"Please run this program from the Administrator account so it can set up your license. Once the license is set up, you can run it from any account."

Questions:
    a) Why was I able to use SB under both accounts prior to this update just fine?
    b) What has changed so that I see this message?
    c) What is the exact licence under a multiple user XP? Per user or per machine?
    d) What to do to get back initial functionality?

________
    drahnier

2. MCT

MCT Registered Member

i think its best if u install spyware blaster on each account, as it deals with alot of "per user" settings

just try installing it on each account u use, good luck :D

i believe the liscense is for per machine

3. drahnier

drahnier Guest

Well, think twice: The program can only be installed under an account with administrative priviledges (This is an requirement of the installer used). It would be an extremly poor design if I need to temporarily give ordinary users administrative priviledges to install this program. Also: As I said, it has worked before the latest database update, so there must be something else causing this malfunctioning.

Otoh: Of course, SB needs to be run by each (restricted) user to get the "per user" settings applied.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.