License problems after Update 4094

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by nrms, May 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nrms

nrms Registered Member

My Eset NOD32 has suddenly started to warn me that my license has expired in 1970 and says I am no longer protected? !!

After a reboot, it says I am protected again (has gone green again); but now the "License Valid Until xxx" label on the front screen has completely vanished. I restored my OS to an image backed up a few days again, and the "License Valid Until xxx" label returned - but only until NOD32 updated to the latest virus sigs (4094 dated 21/5/09) and then it vanished again.

What is going on?

Still running prog version 4.0.424 since the latest version doesnt seem like much of an advance as far as Vista SP2 is concerned.

NigelS

2. kruz

kruz Registered Member

Same problem here!!!!
    But in this case my license expired 14385 days ago, and in another pc can't see expiration date, it's gone!! both get virus signatures updates from internet.

3. ABG

ABG Registered Member

A bug I would assume. I am experiencing the same problem.

4. nrms

nrms Registered Member

I also can't access the expiration database exp01.eset.com ("License could not be verified")

I guess this might explain why the License validation label on the front screen has vanished.

Perhaps somene at Eset could comment?

5. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

A license remains valid regardleess of whether the expiration date is shown in the GUI or not, updates are not affected. The only inconvenience is that you don't see the date, but otherwise the program works and updates fine. We'll check it out and fix the problem with displaying the expiry date shortly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.