License Giveaway - Big Changes!

Discussion in 'Forum Related Discussions' started by Paul Wilders, Feb 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

We are announcing two significant changes regarding the "100,000 Member Celebration - License Giveaway" recently posted here:

[​IMG] 100,000 members license giveaway!

1. Paragon Software Group has doubled the number of licenses they are providing for the giveaway.

There will be 400 Drive Backup Professional licenses, not 200. (And, there are still a couple extra bonuses to be included for the winners which we will be included in this announcement later.)

2. Update regarding the requirement for ISP email addresses for prize awards.

We have been taking a serious look at resolving the concern raised by a number of members regarding the requirement to provide "ISP based" email addresses in order to receive prize awards. We believe we will be able to award some of the products without winners needing to provide ISP email addresses for those prizes. We can not say just yet which prizes this involves, but, it should be several of them.

We strongly encourage any member that has not submitted a contest entry because of the email requirement, to enter the contest and pick whichever prizes you would like a chance at winning. (If it turns out that you win a product that still requires an ISP email, well, you are no worse off than not entering the drawing in the first place. And, at least you'll have a chance of winning products that you can receive without having an ISP email address available.)

Spread the word - again!

Paul Wilders

2. Wolfe

Wolfe Registered Member

Awesome! Now I can actually use my web email and join in :thumb:

3. CloneRanger

CloneRanger Registered Member

Good to know that peoples concerns have been listened to, and acted upon.

4. AvinashR

AvinashR Registered Member

That's a nice initiative...Keep the good work on.

5. Adric

Adric Registered Member

I thought we would have a chance to supply an ISP e-mail address later if we happened to win something that required such an address. From what you are saying now, you have to supply the address when entering the contest. Why can't we give you the address once notified that a prize was won?

Al

6. Paul Wilders

We do try ;) . As of now, those wanting to join in with a webmail adress can enter the contest and visitors from all over the web are free to sign up as a member and have a go at our prizes as well.

Best of luck to all of you!

7. Paul Wilders

That's still valid.

Not at all. It's up to everyone to either provide an ISP email address or opt for a webmail email address. Winners may (depending on the prize won) be asked for their ISP email address. In many cases that will no longer be necessary.

8. krisgeek

krisgeek Registered Member

I entered the give away even though im a newbie here, and i dont see any issue in providing my isp email id, im sure it would be kept private.
    Whats the big deal anyway? o_O

9. Paul Wilders

As stated in our TOS it is private. Bear in mind, ISP email addresses may be provided to vendors for validation of licenses won if needed.

Far from all actually do have an ISP email address for example. That barrier has been lifted for most cases/winners.

10. biscuits

biscuits Registered Member

400 licenses for DriveBackup 10 pro! That is great news. I'm excited about those bonuses as well

11. krisgeek

krisgeek Registered Member

Thanks for the clarification about ISP email ids.
    I suppose you are referring to people who use free wifi at hotspots like airports,malls,libraries or internet at their office. They wont be having unique ISP addresses and some may take advantage of it by entering the contest multiple times.

Dont see any problems for me though, i have a dsl broadband connection at my house.Will provide my ISP email id or my physical mailing address if i win :)

12. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Good to know about ISP mail address issue. It was really a valid problem.

13. leofelix

leofelix Registered Member

I have to say that Paragon has always been a very generous company.

And I appreciate a lot your efforts and other companies of course.

So let's spread the world:D

14. blacknight

blacknight Registered Member

Well, I'm a bit late to do my congratulations for 100,000 but...here I go now :) . Most important fact is the quality of this Forum and of their members. Compliments to the Admins and the Mods. Go on.;)

15. Ibrad

Ibrad Registered Member

Now this deserves a big thumbs up :thumb:

It great to show to you listened to the complaints and web based email and changed the rule to allow us to enter, thank you very much :D

16. Dundertaker

Dundertaker Registered Member

Hi;

Thank you for the understanding. The issue of having an ISP based email address is a hindrance since some (like me..well in my part of the globe..) use a web based email here ( have been feeling the pinch since the economy has gone sour...almost in all parts of the globe ). Some of the companies in my area have also been using web based emails now to cut cost on operationals and only a few have been given ISP based-company paid email accounts ( --those who do ot need it because they are the ones who have bigger pay checks! lol:D ).

It's really been great here and some of my colleagues and friends have been frequenting the site since me/my pals advocacy to them. Well some only visit but all are one in saying they learn a lot here and almost visit everyday.:thumb:

Of course the issue of wifi hotspots and entering using multiples is a valid reason....:mad: but as mentioned above some are just in a fix of not having one at the moment. Some do try. ;)

Really the initiative/understanding is heartwarming so to speak. :) :thumb:

Hope some software developers like Paragon will follow! lol:D

Thumbs up to the Administrators/Forum memebers and you Paul!:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Best regards!:D

17. davhag64

davhag64 Registered Member

This would be wondeerful. Hope I win, if not congrats to those who do.

18. steve161

steve161 Registered Member

Question: I am linux only, but I am the "administrator" of my girlfriend's netbook. We live together (child on the way, thank you) and would like to know if it is permissible to enter and install any possible prizes on her comp. She is not a Wilder's member. I'm assuming the answer is no, but I'll throw it out there nonetheless. We do share the same isp but I have too much respect for this forum to violate the spirit of this generous giveaway. Thanks in advance.

19. LittleM

LittleM Registered Member

This is exactly why Wilders has 100,000 members and counting. :)

Paul listens to what the members are saying and that's truly appreciated. Thank You!!!:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

20. Sjoeii

Sjoeii Registered Member

Indeed. That's why this community is growing by the day.

PS. Good to see you here

21. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Hmmm... i don,t think that there are any conditions that force you to use ur licence on your computer only.

22. Get

Get Registered Member

A little question : when will this giveaway end?

23. Paul Wilders

First of all: congrats!

As for your question: you are free to install a prize on one system in your household. Or your girlfriend could open her own account over here and sign up herself. It's up to the both of you to decide ;)

24. Paul Wilders

See link in my first post right above :isay:

25. Get

Get Registered Member

The link provides this : "All drawing entries must be submitted by 11:59pm (GMT -5:00) on March 16, 2010.", but I think that's not the case anymore?:isay:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.