License and other questions

Discussion in 'FirstDefense-ISR Forum' started by wideglide36, Jan 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wideglide36

wideglide36 Registered Member

Hey guys,

I'm considering purchasing a copy of the new "Instant Recovery" software and was wondering how the license worked.

If I purchase now, can I install it whenever I want?

Are there any annual fees on top of the initial purchase price?

Is this software pretty much the same as the old FDISR with some new bells and whistles? Any major differences?

The coupon code is almost too good to pass up, so I just might bite.

Thank you...

2. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

most of the major differences are under the hood. Better isolation between snapshots, installs on Win 7 with no hack.

As for the licensing questions you will have to go to the Raxco folks and ask there.

Pete

3. wideglide36

wideglide36 Registered Member

Thank you. I will check over at their site for licensing info.

4. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

5. puff-m-d

puff-m-d Registered Member

Hello,

This coupon code is good at the moment for 25 % off : CJXELN25 , however I do not know when it expires.

6. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

Easter as far as I know the 50% off still applies in the link you posted. I used it last weekend.

7. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

The coupon for the 50% off is in the sticky at the top of thiis forum.

Pete

8. sukarof

sukarof Registered Member

I have not read the license, but I have noticed during my experimenting with reinstalls of windows and transfer of archives to new the new installation that I can do that without restriction. I even changed hard drive. It was the same with FDISR One more thing that I loved about this software was that they hadn´t any stupid licensing rules where they decided if it was a legit install or not. (compare to Shadowprotect licensing for example)

I dont know how it is if you install it on two different computers at the same time though. If I ever have to do that I´ll happily pay for a multi license since this is genius software enginering that deserves all the money they can get!

9. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

sukarof, if you install IR on another system you will need another license. But one beauty of this program is that you can have multiple configurations of your system on your c:drive without having to purchase multiple licenses of Windows. I believe this is because all configurations of Windows are still maintained on your c:drive, you have not reinstalled Windows on another partition or VirtualMachine: You did no installing at all, just copied. Yup, this program is pure magic. Someone at Wilders, I don't remember who, purchased 7 licenses for the original FD, he loved it that much.

Acadia

10. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Ok. Thanks guys.

I still can't hardly believe what is come about is actually reality.

I was resigned to the fact FD's ISR was totally finished and ended up just a flash in the pan.

This is a really exciting revelation.

EASTER

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.