Licencese run out on reinstall

Discussion in 'Returnil releases' started by hakselnorth, Jun 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hakselnorth

hakselnorth Registered Member

We have 10 licences Returnil controlled with Returnil Commander.
    We use Returnil on 10 computers with Windows7 prof. in a small network (no server).

On Returnil Commander it shows we have used 6 licences.
    If we want to activate our 7th licence Returnil indicates it refused the licence code as being illegal and continues as a free version.
    We have put some pre-installed pc images back after found flaws in the image. The image contained the registered version of Returnil.

How can we use the remaining licences of Returnil on our remaining computers?
    Oh, we use the latest version of Returnil.

Hope someone knows a solution here

2. Coldmoon

Coldmoon Returnil Moderator

Hello hakselnorth and welcome to the forums :)

The issue is that some of the seats are still most likely assigned to the previous client install which is calculated during the installation. We can help you to resolve this through our support ticketing system where we can ask you for more detailed information to locate your account, clients, and get the ones needing to be cleared - cleared so you can continue with the rollout.

Open a ticket by sending an e-mail to support (dash) tech (at) returnil (dot) com with your License Number and we can take it from there.

Mike

3. hakselnorth

Thank you for your quick and clear answer Coldmoon.

Surely the previous client installs which are calculated during the installation should pop up in our Returnil Commander as being assigned already to an other client computer? (or something)

That way we can revoke unused licences and use them on other client computers. (providing we do not use more than our 10 licences ofcourse)

Would it be a solution to un-install Returnil on the remaining client computers and with Regedit remove any remains of the program? and than re-install?

I am happy to issue a support-ticket to resolve, but if I can repair it myself I would be much happier :D

4. Coldmoon

The way to do that is to identify the clients in the list that are no longer installed. If there has been time since those clients connected, it should show by color (dark: last 24 hours with lighter colors indicating a longer time period). Start with the lightest colored ones and then select the "View" option to the far right and then click the License tab to clear or "revoke" the license on that specific client.

If you have identified all the clients that need to be cleared, you can select the appropriate clients from the list by placing a check on the box on the far left and then use the Multiedit option to get them all in one go using the same idea as the single client license clear.

Please let me know how it goes and if there is an issue we can go to support ticket and I can help by clearing them from my end.

Mike

5. hakselnorth

Hi Mike,

The problem is: in the Returnil Commander we see only 6 client-computers appear as being registered. These 6 computers indicate themselves they are properly registered and are working as full licensed versions, no problem there.

However we have 10 licences and the remaining client computers will not register. If we try to register the remaining 4 computers, Returnil returns the message: "invalide licence number".

Returnil Commander does not indicate anything with regards to the failed registration attempts. We get the message in the client computers.

Wim Vos

6. Coldmoon

Hi Wim,
    Shoot a note to the support address with your License Number and I will check the server from my end.

Mike

7. hakselnorth

done, thanks for your support
    Wim

8. Coldmoon

Hi Wim,
    See the support reply. I am reasonably certain I have identified 2 computers that appear to be listed twice in the client list so I suspect that two of the four I have flagged in my support reply should be the target clients to have the licensing cleared but need your assistance to specifically identify them from the list.

Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.